PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Change LED flashing Frequency?

As you probably know, if you have the Mogul's standard flashing green LED and blue BT LED's flashing, they flash at uneven intervals. I was wondering if there was a way to control the frequency of the lights.

What I really would like is to have a solid blue LED (because it looks so COOL!) and a red light instead of yellow in case I have a text message or missed call etc. The Palm versions of the Treo have a 3rd party app that can do things like that...

I've tried searching through the registry... nothing remotely related.

has anyone tried this?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: ATT

AcidFire52 is a n00b
I would like this too. Not so much to change color, but just to speed up the orange ones so I notice them better.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

leetsauce is just getting started
LED customization would be pretty sweet!
Old 11-16-2007, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu
I haven't done research, but I think there's apps out there that will change that.

I'm no expert, but you'd think it'd be a simple registry change.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:54 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
It's a pretty complex change. You would need to write an app that would intercept the system calls to flash the LEDs and replace those calls with its own. There have been many attempts to do this on HTC devices with little success.

There is an app called HERMLED that you can play around with which can access both LEDs on the Mogul, but it has its own issues. My app, LED Killer, only suppresses the flashing service LED.

There is a registry hack out there that suppresses the flashing service LED, but it also kills the vibrate function as they are intertwined.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
It's a pretty complex change. You would need to write an app that would intercept the system calls to flash the LEDs and replace those calls with its own. There have been many attempts to do this on HTC devices with little success.

There is an app called HERMLED that you can play around with which can access both LEDs on the Mogul, but it has its own issues. My app, LED Killer, only suppresses the flashing service LED.

There is a registry hack out there that suppresses the flashing service LED, but it also kills the vibrate function as they are intertwined.
Does your LED Killer app negatively impact anything else, like vibrate? I would love to kill the service indicator, but don't want to affect the notification flash, or any other functions.

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2007, 08:24 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I cant say for sure, but my touch had a runawayapp that went crazy.. Showed no process CPU yet my battery drained from 60 to 20% in under an hour... and my touch was warm. i think it might have been led killer, but not 100% sure.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:30 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuse94 View Post
Does your LED Killer app negatively impact anything else, like vibrate? I would love to kill the service indicator, but don't want to affect the notification flash, or any other functions.

Thanks!
It only kills the service LED. Everything else will work like normal (notifications, charging light, etc). The only exception is the charging LED may turn off for about 5 seconds when you plug it in. I have been running it for months as have others on their 6800s without issues. I have never tested it on a Touch, but it should work.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b
Thanks, I will give it a try. All the flashing (BT and Service) is gonna give me a seizure!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

playfullez is a n00b
Re: Change LED flashing Frequency?

I just tried LED Killer on my HTC Touch and restarted. My "phone radio" in Comm Manager would not turn on. The only way I could get it to turn on was by removing the app. Any ideas? I'd really like to be able to not always have flashing lights.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan