PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc EVO
Carrier: Sprint

j_mee_5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool How to add contects back to ur phone FAST with out using blue tooth or any thing.

if you guys are like me i had to hard reset my phone so many times bc of the 6800 up grade and then you had to degrade it back to the old version and every time you that you lose all the phone numbers on your 6800 right.well i figure some thing out bc i had to hard reset my phone so many times.bc before i had to type my phone book back in one by one or use blue tooth to send it one by one back to my phone.and some times i just lost some numbers because i dont have it writing down any where.

well here is a faster ways for you guys. if you guys dont have msn ( just go Down load it from windows or type in MSN in yahoo or something.and just down load it the version i have is the newest one WINDOW LIVE MSN. but you do need to have a hot mail account 1st so get one its just a free email account dont worry you dont ever have to use it just get it for this oky ) or if you guys do have msn you guys can do this.

when adding a new phone # add it in as WINDOW LIVE.

type in the info as u wish ( dont warry dont need to add the IM or email )

after that it will ask you do you want to add it to your WINDOWS LIVE account MESSENGER.

click yes on the bottum left hand corner.

then you will see a box that say connecting to the internet.

once you guys did all that logg on to your msn account on your phone and once you are log on log back off.

then logg on to msn on your desk top or lap top and you will see that you guys have all the names on your phone on your msn account.

so next time when you hard reset your phone and lose every thing you wont have to use blue tooth to send the phone #s over or type it one by one.

just log into msn on ur phone and it will ask you do you want to add the contacts to you phone from msn just click YES

and boom there you go all the phone #s back on your phone FAST..!!!!!!!!!

PS

no when you log off msn on your phone the phone #s will stay in your phone.

and no you dont have to log in msn and log off msn every time you add a new content. you guys can do it once you type in all your phone #s to your phone then log on msn on your phone.

if you guys have any question just email me i try to help ya out.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

wickedklown is just getting started
Thanks for this tip, I use PIM but its nice to have alternatives at hand.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul HTC 8600

3boos is keeping up the good work3boos is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to 3boos Send a message via Yahoo to 3boos
I think you can do the same thing using the ActiveSync using your computr, and not internet connection needed either.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

j_mee_5 is a n00b
yes you can use active sync but for some reason i cant click on the contacts to the phone ? dont know y but i cant.but this is a fast way for me and it works..hehee
Old 11-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
you have to have outlook setup and a default profile that will store your contacts. then when you sync via active sync, you have the option to pull contacts, email, tasks, notes, files... etc back to the device.

retyping sure would be a PITA.

better question would be... why do you have to downgrade so many times? maybe you should look at the bug threads for whatever ROM you are trying to install.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul HTC 8600

3boos is keeping up the good work3boos is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to 3boos Send a message via Yahoo to 3boos
I agee with you, I even had to use Yahoo! Go to do the same thing when I had the Moto Q, also you can use it for the Mogul too
Old 11-15-2007, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

j_mee_5 is a n00b
yes i should had but when i did the up grade to it there was no bug thread..then and when there was one which it was to late i didnt change it but then i show all the problems like more drop calls the blue led light want working and b.t. was worst then before so i did the change. i also did other hard reset b4 the up grade bc of lots of apps that i added to it.some of them made its slower and some of them didnt even work.so lots of time on it and i just reseted it to start over and only put apps that i really need.

and thanks for the outlook set up i will also do that too..
Old 11-15-2007, 01:02 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
or/and you can get a free mail2web live account, and activesync to that OTA.

Many many options out there. Pick three
Old 11-15-2007, 03:39 PM
N00b

ktwombley is a n00b
Wow, what a long complicated way to do something super easy!

The best way I've found so far:

Step 1: copy the pim.vol file from the root of your device onto the storage card.

Step 2: flash your rom.

Step 3: copy it back. You are done.

That's it! And heck, doing it this way also backs up your calendar and tasks.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
^ exchange server is the BEST method. Period.
It keeps not only your contacts updated, but also your emails, calendar, tasks, everything considered PIM!

After a hard reset, all u need to do is enter the server info into activesync on your ppc. Exchange server also allows push email... for those unfamiliar with the term, push is the "live" experience like blackberries have, where u get mail instantly.

Since Mail2web offers free basic exchange server hosting, I don't see why ANY of the aforementioned options even come close!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan