PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   What am I doing wrong? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11753)

wickedklown 11-15-2007 11:41 AM

Ya I think what gets some people (including me) is when you're unlocking the phone you hear the USB disconnect sound and you lose active sync so ya think your not synced, but you STILL ARE, and you try to follow the onscreen instruction of "make sure its synced" so you replug it (terminating the unlocker). Just ignore the not sync message/sound and continue running the unlocker.

shakedown 11-15-2007 03:35 PM

The Unlocker I have is just a small app that has one button on the GUI. I press that and the phone reboots and comes back to the tri color screen displaying 1.10. It then stops at that point and I get nothing after that. Next, I've used the exit bootloader and the phone resets itself as normal. I've then tried to apply a new ROM with no success. I must be missing something. The phone is prolly not unlocked. Is the only unlocker at the address: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=332381
or can this be downloaded from the ftp? Under what folder, whats the name of the file? Thanks again for everyones help. I'm at work for the next 24 hours and wanted to get all of this info together for tomorrow.

shakedown 11-18-2007 06:54 PM

Anyone have some ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I think I have unlocked the phone, but it still displays 1.10. I tried applying the new ROM when the phone was still in the tricolor state and the progress bar completed this time. When I boot the phone it still displays my 2.16 ROM and older Radio.... Please help... I just cant seem to get this working.

Edit: Again, if I try to exit with bootloader exit program(while stuck on tricolor screen), and apply ROM it hangs at 0%

ImCoKeMaN 11-18-2007 08:49 PM

You need to wait til it says disconnect and reconnect then run the Rom Upgrade Utility portion of the unlocker. That will flash 1.20 on the device. If it's not running automatically you can find it in your TempTtn directory and run the RUU from there. Make sure to disconnect and reconnect the USB, but KEEP it at the 1.10 screen when you run the update to flash the hardSPL

shakedown 11-20-2007 08:36 PM

As soon as I run the titanunlocker, the phone boots to the 1.10 screen, then tells me to remove the USB and reinsert it. I do that, click ok and get error 208 File Open... "The update can not open the requested file....." Please check your Update Utility. There is an exit button. After that, I get a 2nd message that the phone has been updated. And If im stuckin the bootloader to flash my desired ROM. And finally, I get an Unhandled exception has occured in your application error. I can click continue and the app will ignore.... Access to path C:\Tempttn is denied.
Anyone have suggestions?

ImCoKeMaN 11-20-2007 10:21 PM

manually create the directory c:\Tempttn before running the unlocker and see if that helps. then you can manually run the RUU from that dir if you have to later.

SporkLover 11-21-2007 03:12 AM

Here is the trick when you are running Olipro. After first running the execution file for the unlock it brings you to the 1.10 Tri Color boot loader screen.... good. The program then instructs you to disconnect and reconnect, and ensure you are in active sync session. So the typical direction follower will do exactly that by using the executable that takes you out of bootloader mode. Dont do that...... Just disconnect your USB cable and reconnect. And hit next and continue. To successfully unlock you must not exit boot loader mode until the entire executable runs.

bunvilla 11-21-2007 04:43 AM

dude U R NOT ALONE!!! i have the same exact problem/ i could cry !! ive tried everything (even wearing womens underwear) to get the damn thing to Flash a new rom/ ive checked the "usb to pc" box that supposed enable advance network functionality/ ive changed usb cords/ ive manuall y entered boot mode (power and the camera button plus soft reset) ive started the harlet from in my phone / strange thing is that when i do a manual bootloader entrance i get spl 1.04 but also ive get spl1.10 when i use the titanunlocker/ when i do a manual boot and its important to get the "serial" message then plug in phone to get the "usb" message(like with 6700) i can get the rom to start loading and then about 3% percent into it it stops/ i have a mogul from qwest but i dont think that ,makes a different / long story short i have exausted alomost everything/ im gonna try it in safe mode and if that doesnt work then i QUIT!

anyways if u have any luck let me know what u did k/ and visa versa / later

ImCoKeMaN 11-21-2007 08:17 AM

It isn't unlocked until it says 1.20 you can't use the exitbl until it shows that on the screen. If you are flashing a new rom you should not need exitbl at all. The problem shakedown is having is different, file open error happens on some pcs but if the tempttn dir is created (c: or possibly d: if ya use that drive etc.) the rom upgrade utility can be fun from there. When it runs you need to check that it says the upgrade version is Hard-SPL then flash. That will complete the unlock process.

bunvilla 11-21-2007 03:40 PM

ill send u my phone and 20.00 k cokeman