PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   WM5+chipset speed cab file makes mogul lighting!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11741)

PPC67002481 11-14-2007 03:19 PM

WM5+chipset speed cab file makes mogul lighting!!!!

hello, and I am surre I am not the only one here that has this question . I decided to go back to WM5 on my mogul and of course like others have said. Wow!!! this really makes the phone a lot faster and more usable. That being said, the unit would be unbeliveable fast if I could use speed advantage of winows mobile 5 and the chip proformance cab that I was using with WM6.

---Does anyone know of a fix to make the wm6 version of the chip scalling program work with the hacked wm5 versions?

WM5 plus the scalling program for the mogul chipset to 624, will make this phone the way it should have been out of the box people!!!!!!

AstronusX 11-14-2007 03:33 PM

What you mean speed cab is Overclock mogul to 624mhz? Regardless wm5 or wm6, no one find a way to overclock Mogul phone yet.

hay112 11-14-2007 03:36 PM

i wish i knew what you were talking about

PPC67002481 11-14-2007 03:43 PM

I am sorry , there is a profomance cab out ther ein a thread a few days back that lets you choose either 520 or 624mhz upscale on your mogul .

It is out there!!!!

PPC67002481 11-14-2007 03:44 PM

i wouold love too give you the link , i have nothing .

divxrippimp 11-14-2007 03:52 PM

the only performance cab out there for the mogul, allows you to change the phones caches settings... I have yet to see ANYTHING about the clock speed... and the mogul is a dual core phone, one core is like 400mhz and one is something like 120mhz (for dsp) so its prob way harder to over clock... and are those numbers you wrote the overall over clock for both cores? cause either way a 100mhz over clock on a phone is a pretty big overclock...

bigray327 11-14-2007 03:53 PM

Man, I'm really getting tired of misleading thread titles.

EtherealRemnant 11-14-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divxrippimp (Post 121843)
...either way a 100mhz over clock on a phone is a pretty big overclock...

Not really.

I took my 6700 from 416 to 624 and left it there nonstop for the phone's lifespan. It still lasted over a year and I think it was one too many drops that broke it, not overclocking.

That said, the rest of your case is spot on except I think the DSP is 133, not 120.

saqer 11-14-2007 04:06 PM

He's talking about HTC Performance. It was packaged as an OEM in the latest 6700 kitchen. It actually does not overclock from what several people have noticed and after several benchmark tests, but it does make the device more responsive. I don't know if it would work on the Mogul.

schettj 11-14-2007 04:19 PM

mogul has a completely different cpu - dual core, all that jazz. Sounds like it would be a bad idea to try the xscale overclocking stuff on it.

fiya 11-14-2007 06:23 PM

if you installed it on your mogul, you probably have it sitting on your computer or on your phone, please post it...

dcd 11-14-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saqer (Post 121858)
He's talking about HTC Performance. It was packaged as an OEM in the latest 6700 kitchen. It actually does not overclock from what several people have noticed and after several benchmark tests, but it does make the device more responsive. I don't know if it would work on the Mogul.

do you know what this is or where it came from? the latest 6700 kitchen apparently has a password on the rar (wtf?)

schettj 11-14-2007 08:22 PM

It's in the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar file, no password. The kitchen core rar is password protected, with PPCGeeks - because you don't need to mess with that, and if you do, then you're on your own for support ;)

Everyone seems to think that the OEM is from Helmi_c - he found it somewhere. No idea if that's true or not, helmi_c hasn't verified it.

dtndvm 11-14-2007 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiya (Post 121975)
if you installed it on your mogul, you probably have it sitting on your computer or on your phone, please post it...

Put this on my Mogul yesterday. Does seem to make it a bit more responsive, but I have not had a chance to benchmark it yet. I get some screen lockups with it set at 624 Mhz. I will post more when I get a chance to actually benchmark it.

specv 11-14-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtndvm (Post 122084)
Put this on my Mogul yesterday. Does seem to make it a bit more responsive, but I have not had a chance to benchmark it yet. I get some screen lockups with it set at 624 Mhz. I will post more when I get a chance to actually benchmark it.

well ill try it out why not

specv 11-14-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specv (Post 122116)
well ill try it out why not

didnt do squat i wouldnt waste your time. its a poor mans xcpuscalar which only works on a 6700

The Doctor 11-14-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specv (Post 122126)
didnt do squat i wouldnt waste your time. its a poor mans xcpuscalar which only works on a 6700

I think you are incorrect. I notice a impressive difference.
Not positive, maybe an illusion, but I don't think so.

steps 11-14-2007 09:41 PM

I did a spb benchmark before and after. Some numbers where high while others were low "overclocked" vs non overclocked.

The Doctor 11-14-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steps (Post 122153)
I did a spb benchmark before and after. Some numbers where high while others were low "overclocked" vs non overclocked.

Would you post the results
or screenshots for doubting people?

PPC67002481 11-15-2007 12:09 AM

see i guess it does work , ow can someone make it work for wm5? please!!!

mikee4fun 11-15-2007 02:56 AM

hate to brake the news but this is for the htc universal. totally different cpu. notice 520mhz is the default which is the same as the uni's default clock speed. this does work on the uni as well because I have had this on mine uni for a long long time. I tried it on my mogul and there is no difference.

schettj 11-15-2007 10:16 AM

Interesting... that is an xscale cpu - and it does run at 520mhz native

So, "Performance" at 520 should do nothing.

Weird. Placebo speedboost.

riironman 11-15-2007 10:35 AM

does the htc performance scaler actually work on the ppc6700? I have tried the xpuscalur 3.03 and when i put it on 624 it locks right up. i tried this htc performance cab and when i put the settings on 624..no lock ups. whats the difference? if i am over clocking i am overclocking right?

schettj 11-15-2007 11:30 AM

Whatever HTC Performance is doing, it's *not* cranking the CPU clock up, no matter what the radio buttons on the app say ;)

So yeah, it won't lock up, or drain your battery - because it may not be doing anything at all even on the 6700. It just feels faster when you check that button off ;)

riironman 11-15-2007 11:54 AM

i think it does work...i am getting no delays now. usually i hit the start menu and programs there is a delay. now its instant.

APOLAUF 11-15-2007 12:45 PM

What this thread lacks is some hard numbers. I've run some TCPMP benchmarks on a clip that I normally use to benchmark.

I'm running DCD's clean ROM v1.4.5, all radios OFF.

Without performance CAB, after reboot:

Clip throughput is 1.0Mbit/s.

WITH performance CAB @"624"MHz, after reboot:

Clip throughput is 1.0Mbit/s

Change: 0.0 Mbit/s.

It does somehow, I don't know why, seem a bit snappier. Perhaps something was changed OS-wise, but NOTHING has changed as far as CPU performance. I have it set to "624" MHz. Let's see why nothing has changed: If this CAB is designed for an XScale CPU, the PXA270, which runs at 416MHz, there is no way in hell that a completely different processor, compatible ONLY because it belongs to the same ARM11 classification, will exhibit changes. The PXA270 is a unicore processor with Intel's power management and dynamic speed scaling built in. The MSM7500 has a Qualcomm ARM11 implementation with an ARM9 second core for phone functions. Remember, ARM sells intellectual property, not processors. Intel (well, now Freescale since they sold their XScale processor division) and Qualcomm have their own take on the processors, their ultimate power management, and speed stepping. They adhere to the ARM instruction set architecture. Therefore, these are completely different chipsets, though they in part share an instruction set architecture, and for that same reason, the CAB will do nothing for MSM7500. The benchmarks prove it.

Now, can we PLEASE set this to rest?

bunvilla 11-15-2007 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well since we r on the subject of the unoverclockable 6800/ i accidently downloaded this program thinking it was for the 6800 but it turns out to be for a completely different phone/ BUT the thing is that there is no change in the processor speed when this is applied / but i noticed a big change in the response from the 6800/ i like it , it never has frooze the phone and
makes it open and close apps real quick/ i have set as 1 of the soft keys and u could look at it like a turbo button/ anyways since overclocking is nothing more than some well made reg hacks/ what the heck / anyways i post it for any of u guys who care to check it out
it has NEVER frooze my phone so i take no responsibility if it has a different outcome for someone else.
i saved this as a rar but u can only up load zip files so i changed the file extension from rar to zip but it should open for u anyways

schettj 11-15-2007 01:21 PM

This is getting silly now :D

The JS Overclock app is for an old (2002 ish) ipaq running a strongarm cpu. It tops out in the low 200s for speed.

All the various xscale overclockers are pushing a few bytes into the appropriate cpu registers to change the dynamic frequency scaling settings - forcing a different high and/or low freg, or freq table, or disabling dynamic scaling, or enabling it, mucking with bus and cpu multipliers, etc...

As others have pointed out, the mogul doesn't even use an xscale cpu - it has the funky (er, uber-cool) dual core cpu, running at 400/180mhz or something like that. None of the xscale overclockers are going to do anything good to that cpu by pushing random bits into some memory locations/registers...

riironman 11-15-2007 01:37 PM

will it help if i install a flux compacitor?

riironman 11-15-2007 01:45 PM

ok i am a wise guy.

nuguy 11-15-2007 05:16 PM

I heard on another forum the flux capacitor will work to speed up a mogul, but not the touch, yet it will unlock wifi, and gps on the touch.

And it's free for a limited time from MicroSloth as long as you send out 3 e-mails for their new e-mail tracking software.

I WOULD NOT MAKE THIS UP - IT'S TRUE! My brother dentist is also an lawyer, and his sister is a C.P.A. and her live-in nany said it's true - SO IT IS!

Shaska 11-15-2007 06:17 PM

Please keep in mind, That if your 6800 or any phone for that matter has a flux capacitor installed, DO NOT travel in a vehicle that is going at or above a speed of 88MPH or you may find your pocket on fire, And instead of a WMDevice, you will now find a License Plate in there...