PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

jondeak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
idiot mogul user desperately needs your help !!!!!

idiot mogul user desperately needs your help !!!!!
hello everyone ! I just got my Mogul about 2 days ago and im a freakin mess on trying to figure out how to use it. here are things i need your help with....

#1 how do i transfer my contacts onto my PC? I installed the program it came with but i cant figure out how to copy my contacts to my PC.

#2 I tried to upgrade my rom(i dont even know what rom is,lol) and before i updated the rom it read ROM VERSION 2.09.651.3 AND THE ROM DATE WAS 6/14/07. after the update was complete it still read the same thing !! And the mogul appeared to be slower, screens wouldnt open fast or shut down fast etc etc. (which rom should I use??)

#3 THE CUBE, I was checking out the cube for my mogul but i wasnt sure what the benifet was of useing this program...its looks a lot for user friendly and cooler then what the mogul has now....(how do I install the cube into my Mogul?)

#4 lastly, when my phone shuts off i have to push the power button to wake it up everytime...is there any way i can just touch the screen or push a face button to turn it back on?

any help would be awsome
stacy
Old 11-02-2007, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

drurc8 is becoming a great contributor
Welcome aboard!! Sprint has released new rom update on 10/24/2007 but the rom still has bugs on it so they took it off from htc site. I feel that you have the old rom when the phone shipped. The old rom is working fine except bluetooth sounds kind of choppy. The newer rom 2.16.651.0 that what I am using right now, bluetooth sound is far much better than the old one but sometime bt keeps shutting off itself frequently. However, I am able to correct that problem by using some hack and modification in the registry and now my bt connection stays on as long as my bt headset on. i am happy with that.
Answer to your 1st question: You must hotsyn your phone with pc or notebook and contact should be automatically transferred to your contact folder in ms outlook or outlook express (whatever you use for your email). When you open email, just click on "contact" folder and then you shoud see all contacts in there. 2nd Question: You do have the old rom that came with the phone. 3rd question: You should be able to find instruction how to install Cube from this forum. 4Th question: Click on setting/system/power/advance, then uncheck both " Turn off device if not used for..." and "Turn off device if not used for.." So next time you just touch the screen, phone should wake up.

Last edited by drurc8; 11-02-2007 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
I just have to ask, if you're new to this whole thing and you didn't even know what a "ROM" was why would change it?? I mean thats just common sense stuff....
Old 11-02-2007, 04:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work
Answers...

#1. RTFM
#2. RTFM You didn't upgrade your ROM, you installed the same version.
#3. RTFM If you want to install the cube and stuff, why don't you learn the ins and outs of the PPC first, before tinkering with it. Honestly it sounds like you have no clue what the hell you are doing. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the device before you learn to tweak it. You will save us all some trouble.
#4. RTFM once again. There is a way to set the device to wake on any button, but not the screen. Trust me, you don't want it to wake on screen presses. I stick with just the power button.

I can tell this is your fist PDA, Palm or PPC. Read the effin manual. It will help you immensely. Save us all some time. Also, read the FAQ, lots of great information there. PPC is a lot like a PC. Don't think for 1 moment you can learn it all.

Lonzo
Old 11-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

denniswm81 is a n00b
is it really nessasery to be a jerk this site is to help people who don't have a clue
Old 11-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work
My post is quite harsh. I think I was intoxicated and still up from the previous night. Honestly though, if he is not able to sync, he should read through the manual first. I told my buddy who knows nothing about the Mogul to read a little each night, and eventually he will get it figured out and be able to ask his questions to me and follow my answers a bit better. Also, I wasn't trying to be rude with the you will never learn it all, same for a PC. Not going to happen, there is just too much information.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, myTouch
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

msiegle is a n00b
Not to be mean either, but I can understand ls3mach's point. I'm usually surprised that people who haven't really learned the product actually make it to these forums though.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I concur, if someone cannot figure out Activesync, with all of its 4 options, they probably should be upgrading the ROM and trying to get CUBE to work. Mess around with your phone for several days, most of this stuff is common sense or can be learned by trial and error. Also, READ THE FORUMS BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP. SO many times a person will come to a forum and just say, "IDK what I am doing, help". What they should do is exactly what I did. Read through the FAQ, read through pages and pages of forum posts to see the cool things other people have done with their phones, and follow their directions. Its REAL easy stuff.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor
you have been there

common guy's this is supposed to be a ppc community. I know it is frustating when people ask very basic questions, and when they don't read. For all the time you spent on making comments you could have just posted a link for him to read.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:25 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
jondeak, read this first: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5091 It is the FAQ and Threads of interest. Most of your questions should be answered here. It is stickied at the top of this forum. It it called "PPC-6800/Titan FAQ's - READ BEFORE POSTING! (10/29) - Official ROMs discussion links!"

Hope this helps.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan