PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
Question Can I get only my screen replaced at a Sprint Repair Center?

I'm curious if I can get only my screen replaced at a Sprint Repair Center. My screen is turning a hazy yellowish tint in the upper left corner (in portrait mode) and I notice it's getting progressively worse. Nothing destructive in nature has occurred with my phone and it's only the screen I want replaced. I don't really want a refurbished phone because I don't want to go through the hassle of having to get my phone setup the way I have it now. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mseck is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to mseck Send a message via Yahoo to mseck
Hey

It's depend on the reapir center.
the one near me, would replace the screen if they have parts available.
My screen acted the same way and i got it fix

Good luck
Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

HybriDSM is a n00b
i smashed my LCD the other day helping out at the scene of a car accident that happened just behind me. Took it to a sprint store and they gave me a brand new one, right out of the original packaging. Didn't charge me a penny.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 AM
Lurker

mgb22 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to mgb22
service

Hey just wanted you to know Im a service Tech for sprint/Nextel. Those phones are not on are repair list. We will probally never carry parts for them what we have to do is order you a whole new phone. It wont cost anything if you have the service plan if not 55.00. One important thing back you info up first.

mgb22
Old 11-14-2007, 02:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mseck is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to mseck Send a message via Yahoo to mseck
hey mgb22

i took my ppc6800 to a repair center, because my phone wouldn't sync with vista, i came to found out that the port was broken, the sale rep told me they couple help
What's the Deal ?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, I mean, I can live with it til the screen totally craps out but what I'm trying to avoid is having to exchange it for another unit. That's only because I don't wanna go through customizing my phone to the way it is now. Granted, I have all my cabs backed up and it won't take too long, I'm just lazy cuz of school and work. Also cuz I don't want a refurbished unit, I would rather keep my core and get a new screen OR get one new out of the box but I don't think that can happen! I have the Total Protection insurance on my phone and my phone is almost 8 weeks old.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

HybriDSM is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 View Post
Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, I mean, I can live with it til the screen totally craps out but what I'm trying to avoid is having to exchange it for another unit. That's only because I don't wanna go through customizing my phone to the way it is now. Granted, I have all my cabs backed up and it won't take too long, I'm just lazy cuz of school and work. Also cuz I don't want a refurbished unit, I would rather keep my core and get a new screen OR get one new out of the box but I don't think that can happen! I have the Total Protection insurance on my phone and my phone is almost 8 weeks old.
i guess you missed my post above where I mentioned that I did in fact just get a new out of the box Mogul because of a messed up screen?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:36 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
[s]One[/s] two word(s). SPB Backup.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Yes sir I did read your post, but in all honesty I don't think they will give just anyone a new Mogul out of the box just because they came in with a broken screen. I'll surely give it a try but I'm pretty sure I'll get shot down and have to pay the insurance deductible (which I don't mind, although in that case I'll just wait til the screen is really non-functional). Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get hooked up OR maybe the will have a spare screen lying around. Well, I'm gonna hit up some Sprint repair centers and see what the deal is. =)
Old 11-14-2007, 02:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I might add, to my understanding, I thought if you opt to get a replaced unit through the insurance protection, they give you a used/refurbished unit?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan