PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro, and Sprint Touch Diamond, iPhone 3G (white) also ha
Carrier: Sprint PCS, AT&T(Ugh)

Mastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation RAM on MicroSD; "ReadyBoost" for PPC

I know that with windows vista your have "readyboost" which will allow some help to low ram unit (ex. 512MB), With a SD card
Is this possible to do with with a Micro SD?
I have a 2GB and over 1 GB free on it and i woudl love not to have to restart my Mogul 3 times a day to free up the RAM

PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks
Old 11-13-2007, 01:32 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Trust me, if this were possible every Mogul owner would be doing it.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro, and Sprint Touch Diamond, iPhone 3G (white) also ha
Carrier: Sprint PCS, AT&T(Ugh)
Threadstarter

Mastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
Trust me, if this were possible every Mogul owner would be doing it. (No i don't own a Mogul either)
there should be a way to be able to do it though. I did not know if anyone was aware of any developing applications that took advantage of this?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Technically, in the case of this machines infrastructure what you are purporting to do is use the equivalent of a floppy disk for "ram".

The SD card is the SLOWEST device on the phone, and getting data on/off it one of the more intensive tasks the little bugger has to do. If we tried to use that to extend the "ram" of you're phone you would be degrading the phone beyond the point of "unuseable".
Old 11-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
not possible, readyboost doesn't "extend" your memory, it acts as a cache, because flash memory is very good at random accesses compared to your hard disk, although flash memory is pretty much dead slow for sequential accesses.

back to your pocketpc...

first of all, theres no hard drive on your pocketpc, second of all, NAND flash is way faster than probably the fastest microsd card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan