PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Video Ringtone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11639)

michaelj1981 11-13-2007 08:50 AM

Video Ringtone

I am wondering is it possable to get a video ringtone on the mogul 6800 wm6

blasphemous_prime 11-13-2007 12:09 PM

that'll be a no, but the slight upside to it is that you could set up a ringtone with the same sounds from anything you downloaded with any format that windows media player 10 mobile supports though... that's the best i can say for you, but i also have the Contra 4 theme as a ringer if you're interested.

ls3mach 11-13-2007 02:12 PM

You can set a picture and a custom tone. I don't think it can do videos though.

andason 11-13-2007 08:32 PM

i bet you could do it with skschema and probably with mortscript.

basically how skschema would work is it watches for criteria you set... in this case incoming call. you would then set up skschema to perform a certain function.. such as run a program.

Instead of video, I would try some type of flash.. probably quicker and with video you would have some sort of player popping up.

i will try to experiment with it some this weekend since i have skschema. do you know of anyone good with flash?

TurboFool 11-13-2007 08:46 PM

Sounds like a great way to slow the phone down even more than it already is...

andason 11-13-2007 08:51 PM

skschema isn't a memory hog.. now flash may be another story.

jayweezie21 11-13-2007 09:33 PM

thats dumb that it cant play video ringers....its supposed to be a high end phone with so much memory/programs...i think my vga1000 back in the day would play video clips (small clips but clips) on a call...why cant the mogul. weird. i have no use for them really but just my two cents on the topic

hindjew 07-05-2008 09:38 PM

Re: Video Ringtone

*bump* this thread was last updated 8 months ago. I don't want a new thread to ask if there has been any breakthrough in video ringers?

p-slim 07-06-2008 01:45 AM

this phone is not designed to be a toy like most phones. it is designed to be a pda or personal digital assitant, video ringers have absolutely no value and is just another way of slowing down the mogul. There is no need for that so why waste memory on something like that? Looking for a phone thats more fun, then you should think about the instinct.

hindjew 07-06-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 337844)
this phone is not designed to be a toy like most phones. it is designed to be a pda or personal digital assitant, video ringers have absolutely no value and is just another way of slowing down the mogul. There is no need for that so why waste memory on something like that? Looking for a phone thats more fun, then you should think about the instinct.

Wow! Way to be harsh! right now i'm running an animated gif with S2U2 and running the ringtone to look like the video ringer. And i have enough memory available with the ROMs I run.

It is a PDA, hence it can be programmed to do what the user wants to. Customization is what it does best!

If you have nothing constructive to contribute to the thread. I suggest you don't say anything at all.