PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Video Ringtone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
Wow! Way to be harsh! right now i'm running an animated gif with S2U2 and running the ringtone to look like the video ringer. And i have enough memory available with the ROMs I run.

It is a PDA, hence it can be programmed to do what the user wants to. Customization is what it does best!

If you have nothing constructive to contribute to the thread. I suggest you don't say anything at all.
Personally I think you need tougher skin. I didn't say anything rude nor mean, I just kept it real. He was wondering why it doesn't do video ringtones right out of the box and I told him. I didn't say it wasn't a possibility. I know the mogul is pretty much a computer there for when its all said and done you can pretty much program it to do anything so of course there is probably another program you can add to your phone ( which will of course take up more of the ram and slow the mogul down evern slower then it already is) which will make video ringers work. Maybe next time when the answer isn't a nice one, instead of getting straight to the point, i'll tell him no and draw flowers around the thread so that the answer won't sound as mean

Last edited by p-slim; 07-06-2008 at 01:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sandiegodude is just getting started

lol. you guys are funny.
Anywho back to the point. I would have to suggest staying away from video "notifications" for one reason. The mogul is already slow to acknowledge an incoming call with a monotone beep for a ringer. By the time an animated video ringer opens, the call would have already gone to voicemail!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Personally I think you need tougher skin. I didn't say anything rude nor mean, I just kept it real. He was wondering why it doesn't do video ringtones right out of the box and I told him. I didn't say it wasn't a possibility. I know the mogul is pretty much a computer there for when its all said and done you can pretty much program it to do anything so of course there is probably another program you can add to your phone ( which will of course take up more of the ram and slow the mogul down evern slower then it already is) which will make video ringers work. Maybe next time when the answer isn't a nice one, instead of getting straight to the point, i'll tell him no and draw flowers around the thread so that the answer won't sound as mean
I have tough skin, just don't think you should have been rude. oh well.. if you think all these perks are just bogging down your phone, might as well get yourself like a motorola v60, this way there is no way you can mod it and slow it down j/p

In all seriousness, i run a bone dry ROM without the flashy HTC customizations. But i like my incoming caller ids to be a tad colorful, hence the S2U2. I would like to have video ringers. (i remember my a900 did it). Simple question, is there a program out there that can do it?

I agree it will bog down my phone, but i have over 20MB free

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan