PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 06:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Stop today screen oriantation from changing?

Ok I've searched everywhere and cant seem to find an app that would stop the today screen from changing orientation every time you slide out the keyboard, but... it will still change the orientation for every other app...

The reason I need this is because I have a few things on my today screen which seem to slow down (really badly) the speed of the screen orientation change. And its really had to convince people how nice this phone can be if that one particular thing really just screws everything up. It takes my screen 13 seconds to change from landscape and another 13 seconds to portrait. Thats pathetic, but I need everything I got on the today screen so I have to live with it.

Anyone got any apps or solutions for this?

BTW, here's my Today Screen...

Old 11-13-2007, 09:55 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
There is no way to do this. This is hardware related and cannot be changed

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 11-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
I actually think this WOULD be possible. Seeing as you can rotate the screen back to portrait manually while the keyboard is out (maybe a registry change?) i think you could change the setting for keybaord slideout to the portrait setting. Then again, I could be completely wrong.

HOWEVER, i think you are far out of luck to have the phone remain in portrait ONLY when you slide out the keyboard on the today screen, but maybe.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 11-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work
I really doubt that this is limited by the hardware because like winmobilelawyer said, you can manually change the screen even when the phone is open or closed...
Old 11-13-2007, 01:12 PM
mmmm Freebirds

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
This is related to the hardware just like in the 6700, its done w/ magnets... here is something try if you don't believe me. Take a fairly strong magnet and while your keyboard is out just slide it over the screen(top to bottom). your screen will change to portrait ..and then back to landscape....This issue has been discussed many time in apache and the titan forums as well as other web sites......there's an exe file out there called landscaper that allows the phone to always switch to landscape mode. When you wake the phone up or slide the keyboard the screen will change back to portrait but only briefly (you can set the amount of time in the options menu, if you set it to 0 its pretty quick that it goes back to landscape). You will have to either put it in the start up folder or manually start the program each time after a soft reset. I personally just decided on mapping a hard key to rotate the screen and find this easier and quicker. check it out, below
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=329467

Last edited by Darkness231; 11-13-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 WM6

JTSV is a n00b
search for the following thread: WM5 Registry Hacks: Huge Collection it has numerous registry tweaks.

One increases the cache in order to speed up the screen rotation. I will continue to look for what you are asking because it seems I've come across it somewhere. Speed increase worked better for me because it was not easy to use the keypad while all things where still vertical.

John T. Snelson V
Old 11-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
Yes, it may be ACTIVATED by the hardware using a magnet, but whatever alerts the phone that the keyboard just slid open, is then translated to the software to switch to landscape mode. It might be more then just a registry key and therefore be complicated to change, but it can still be changed. I personally dont want to do this, but I still think its possible. Portrait/Landscape mode is not a hardware feature, its a SOFTWARE feature.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ok so I'm assuming that I would probably need a custom app that would override the info being sent to the phone saying that is just slid open which means that this app doesn't exist because I'm like the only person who would find a use for it... whew

lol Wow, well I guess I'll try changing the cache size since its about my only choice... recommendation to how much would actually make a difference w/o any negative effects?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:13 PM
mmmm Freebirds

Vijay555 released a program (VJLumos II) that had the desired side effect, and it had to do with the camera app on the 6700, but I don't think it works on the 6800
Old 11-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Huh? I looked up the VJLumos II app and it had nothing to do with screen orientation... it was a flash lite app. Maybe I just missed something.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan