PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800
Carrier: frawg

Howlin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ht6800 and Frawg wireless /Ntelos PLEASE HELP QUICKLY!!!

My problem started about 3 weeks ago when i talked to frawg wireless (Ntelos). I called to check what phones they support . I was told they can activate any sprint phone . I still asked them about the model i wanted just to be sure (htc 6800) . I was told they could activate the phone no problem. I then found and ordered one off ebay. I did all the normal checks to make sure the esn was clean and paid for the phone. I knew this was going down hill when after a 10 day wait i still did not have my phone. The guy had forgot to ship it . After what seemed like years of waiting . I take my phone into my local Ntelos to have it activated for frawg unlimited . The first thing i am told is they can not activate my phone because it's a sprint branded smart phone . I asked why not and am told because there machine will not flash it to Ntelos . At this point i get pretty pissed off but i am not the type that lashes out or shows my anger . The service agent then trys to flash the phone anyway . Sure enough she can't . I pull out my second phone and call the 1-877 number in front of her and ask about my current phone. She then clearly hears them say yes they support it and can activate it .
At this point she gets surprised but can't do anything to fix my problem. Having already flashed my phone to windows mobile 6.5. I need to know how i can flash my own phone to ntelos . I have already seen they have my exact phone for sale ntelos branded . How do i setup my phone so it can be activated and used on the Ntelos network ?

Old 08-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Ht6800 and Frawg wireless /Ntelos PLEASE HELP QUICKLY!!!

Use the ntelos 6.5 rom made by someone here and no other changes should be necessary. Then all you need to do is have them add your esn and the phone should work.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:09 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

http://www.ppckitchen.org/forums/red...RUU_signed.nbh

That is a wm 6.5 rom made by justpctech

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Howlin is a n00b

I have this rom and the phone has been flashed with it. I then took the phone back up to Ntelos . I was told they still can not activate it because they need to change the sid number, the prl , msid , and program the phone number. The rep then tried the following codes to enter the managment screen . ( #778# , ##000000# ,##778 , ##000000 ). None of them allowed him to configure the phone. I am at a loss for what to do now .
Old 08-11-2009, 07:24 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Did you try ##778#?

if not check out the wiki:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...itanRecentHome

it shows how you can launch it manually.

Last edited by gTen; 08-11-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Howlin is a n00b

Thanks . I figured that out not very long after i posted. Ntelos is closed not so i am going to go back tomorrow. If it works out I will post about activating frawg wireless with a smart phone which they claim can't be done .
Old 08-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Howlin is a n00b

It's still a no go . I went back to the shop today and was told they still can't activate it. The problem is they use a machine / service called Houdini to flash the phone with the correct software to work. The machine will not take the phone so they can not flash it. I was also told that even if it did work that my internet /data would not work because they do no support smart phones on he frawg service because it is not compatible . Is this mis information ? Isn't the frawg network the same as the Ntelos network? .
Old 08-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Cricket and/or metro also uses Houdini and they can get Titan working on both services.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Howlin is a n00b

I am sure they can. I went to the Houdini website and it list my phone on the list of compatibility . However when the guy tried at the store it gives an active sync error . Is there a way i can get a hold of the software they use and flash it myself ?
Old 08-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Mr. Chevy

Make sure under setting - connections - usb to pc - that advanced network ..... is turned off for active sync. Then try again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan