PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

APOLAUF is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any fix for audio lag?

Hello all,

I don't know how many users here are playing video, or game-related applications that depend on a/v sync, but for those who do, has anyone come up with a decent fix for the lag problem, besides viewing all videos in TCPMP with an offset of -400 msec?

I've done a bit of work in HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev and WAPIMAN by setting the "Priority256" to something significantly lower than 149/150. According to MSDN, a more ideal priority would be closer to the lower 100-range. I've tried setting it to real-time priority range, i.e. lower than 100, but still no dice.

Therefore, it seems to me that the sound lag is not a priority issue; the driver is obviously getting enough thread-level priority to deliver sound without any stuttering or audio frame drops.

So I'm still stuck with a device that's significantly awful to watch content with, unless you're doing it in TCPMP, which is unfortunately not a universal solution, especially for games.

Does anyone with a Touch experience the same audio lag? If not, is it possible to import the sound driver from the Touch to a custom Mogul ROM? Or is this a hardware problem? (As much as I hate to think that). I've never seen lag like this on the old 6700, but that of course had a different chipset.

Would love to hear back from people on this.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Destructor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well, I definitely have the audio lag as well on my Mogul (still running the very first ROM from back at launch), and I'm looking forward to somebody figuring this all out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan