PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Metro pcs

quantum is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MOgul BUttons Not responding.

Hey guys i just bought a htc mogul. But the hardware buttons dont respond the only ones that respond is the directional button and the power buton and scroll wheel. Nothing else works. I dont know what the problem is i have tried 3 differnet custom roms and when i boot into bootloader with the camera button it works but when i load my fone normally into manila it doesnt work so i am sure it has to be a software problem . becuase the camera button works for bootloader just nothing else. Anyone find a solution to this hardware button problem????
Old 03-21-2010, 01:25 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: MOgul BUttons Not responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Hey guys i just bought a htc mogul. But the hardware buttons dont respond the only ones that respond is the directional button and the power buton and scroll wheel. Nothing else works. I dont know what the problem is i have tried 3 differnet custom roms and when i boot into bootloader with the camera button it works but when i load my fone normally into manila it doesnt work so i am sure it has to be a software problem . becuase the camera button works for bootloader just nothing else. Anyone find a solution to this hardware button problem????
Is the camera the only thing? some roms have camera disabled for high memory mode, others have a way to boot into high mem mode and low mem bode..one with camera and other without.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-21-2010, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well i have tried both memory modes and still the camera button does not work and niehter do the other buttons i have tried. but it does work for booting into bootloader.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

But you can run camera application without the camera button?

have you tried remapping the buttons to see if it makes them work?

And last of all can you be a bit more specific what works and what doesn't work like:

Camera: No
Vol Wheel: Yes
Dpad: Yes
Power: Yes
Wifi: ?
Keyboard: ?
Phone Start: ?
Phone End: ?
Windows Key: ?
OK Key: ?
Right Key: ?
Left Key: ?

Last edited by gTen; 03-21-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

haha soory i was in rush when posting this yes if by remaping you meen going into the settings and changing the programs the buttons run then yes. i have tried that also. also
vol.Wheel:yes
ok on direction button/directional button:yes
windows key:no
ok button 1 and button 2: no
speech button:no
camera button:no
phone start and end:no
power button:yes
wifi switch:yes
keyboard:yes
left/right select options next to Dpad:no

any idea what could be causing the problem. becuase the camera does work on manila , i can go in manila activate camera and take pics its just the button for activating camera does not work. but for bootloader it does work. Any other ideas is the somthing wrong with custom roms not being able to use theses buttons or what???
Old 03-22-2010, 10:57 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Hmmm.. weird...I don't think a custom rom should do it..but just in case you should probably reflash to stock and do a hard reset.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

if i flash old rom back on can i just reupload custom rom again like i would with any other custom rom. and also where can i find the original Qwest mogul rom at?
Old 03-23-2010, 12:54 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
if i flash old rom back on can i just reupload custom rom again like i would with any other custom rom. and also where can i find the original Qwest mogul rom at?
I think you have to relock then unlock again after unfortunately, full information below:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...TitanStockHome

If it fails then you may want to return it anyways to get it replaced so you end up locking it anyways.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan