PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Current:EVO!!!MY FAV! Old: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gokuman56 is keeping up the good workgokuman56 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello, New member looking to upgrade to 6.5

Hello,
I just got a HTC Mogul and was just wondering how to upgrade to 6.5, I am brand new to this and don't know anything and have no software such as a flashing utility, if needed and I also want to know if everything works in the 6.5 upgrade such as the GPS and Flash for Camera. Can I install themes on 6.5 such as the iphone skin theme.
Once More Question Will it still run EDVO ReV. A??
Thanks,

P.S Sorry for being such a pain, I just wanted to know everything

Last edited by gokuman56; 03-19-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:00 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Hello, New member looking to upgrade to 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuman56 View Post
Hello,
I just got a HTC Mogul and was just wondering how to upgrade to 6.5, I am brand new to this and don't know anything and have no software such as a flashing utility, if needed and I also want to know if everything works in the 6.5 upgrade such as the GPS and Flash for Camera. Can I install themes on 6.5 such as the iphone skin theme.
Once More Question Will it still run EDVO ReV. A??
Thanks,

P.S Sorry for being such a pain, I just wanted to know everything
Yes everything will work.

Here is the startup guide:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

do the unlocking and radio..don't worry about the cooking your rom parts as its first best to use someone else's rom until you learn better

all the roms are in the upgrade section here is a few:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70427

you need to download a build and the RUU..you place the rom in the RUU folder, connect your device to pc via activesync and flash. Or you can use the SD card method from the upgrade guide(you dont need RUU then)

after you flash make sure to download and install your carrier cab..in this case Sprint

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 03-20-2010 at 02:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

What is the Best 6.5 ROM for The Mogul, It needs to take up the least space and the taskbar has to have the start button on top.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You are looking for a plain old 6.5 ROM using build 23017. bbsandkm, mattsm and jmartin72 all had one. Its just a matter of finding one as they are a bit old. Search around in the upgraqdes forum.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, so I downloaded the ROM and the internet wasn't working, so I added settings and made it dial #777 and it works, but it says sprint, dial-up and is going a lot slower than it was going in WM 6.1 Sprint, before, it never showed dial-up but now it does, can someone help me remove this?
Thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level

Under Settings/Personal/Sounds and Notifications/Notifications/Establish Connection uncheck the box for Display Screen Message.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Under Settings/Personal/Sounds and Notifications/Notifications/Establish Connection uncheck the box for Display Screen Message.
No, it still connects to Dial-Up and the Internet Speeds are much slower than before, is there any way to fix this???

It had no connection settings on this ROM, so I just created a new one and dialed #777, but it uses dial up and makes the internet slow. Is there another setting I should do for this ROM???
Old 04-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Almost a VIP

OK, LOL, I understand now. Your data connection is named dial-up, but still is EVDO. You have the EV symbol in the taskbar or is it 1x?

You are running speedtests and finding that the results are slow. Still with Radio ROM 3.42.02? How is the signal strength?

You might consider upgrading the radio software to 3.42.50, but PIE was, from my experience very slow. My tethered speeds were twice what shows up on the phone.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I guess I'll just go back to 6.1, its a lot better and takes up much less ram!!!! What is the least RAM consuming ROM for the mogul, the only thing it has to have is EVDO REV A. and It can be 5 or 6 as long as it has REV A. and takes up a very little amount of RAM. Can you please tell me a good ROM.
Thanks
Old 04-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Almost a VIP

I used to run the DCD 4.1.2 ROM. Very bare and fast. Again, this is a way old, so search in the upgrades forum. Also upgrade the radio to 3.42.50

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 04-21-2010 at 10:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan