PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Hello, New member looking to upgrade to 6.5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114853)

gokuman56 03-19-2010 05:36 PM

Hello, New member looking to upgrade to 6.5

Hello,
I just got a HTC Mogul and was just wondering how to upgrade to 6.5, I am brand new to this and don't know anything and have no software such as a flashing utility, if needed and I also want to know if everything works in the 6.5 upgrade such as the GPS and Flash for Camera. Can I install themes on 6.5 such as the iphone skin theme.
Once More Question Will it still run EDVO ReV. A??
Thanks,

P.S Sorry for being such a pain, I just wanted to know everything :mrgreen:

gTen 03-20-2010 02:00 AM

Re: Hello, New member looking to upgrade to 6.5

Quote:

Originally Posted by gokuman56 (Post 1643249)
Hello,
I just got a HTC Mogul and was just wondering how to upgrade to 6.5, I am brand new to this and don't know anything and have no software such as a flashing utility, if needed and I also want to know if everything works in the 6.5 upgrade such as the GPS and Flash for Camera. Can I install themes on 6.5 such as the iphone skin theme.
Once More Question Will it still run EDVO ReV. A??
Thanks,

P.S Sorry for being such a pain, I just wanted to know everything :mrgreen:

Yes everything will work.

Here is the startup guide:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

do the unlocking and radio..don't worry about the cooking your rom parts as its first best to use someone else's rom until you learn better

all the roms are in the upgrade section here is a few:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70427

you need to download a build and the RUU..you place the rom in the RUU folder, connect your device to pc via activesync and flash. Or you can use the SD card method from the upgrade guide(you dont need RUU then)

after you flash make sure to download and install your carrier cab..in this case Sprint

gokuman56 04-17-2010 09:52 PM

What is the Best 6.5 ROM for The Mogul, It needs to take up the least space and the taskbar has to have the start button on top.

Thanks

demonlordoftheround 04-18-2010 11:20 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You are looking for a plain old 6.5 ROM using build 23017. bbsandkm, mattsm and jmartin72 all had one. Its just a matter of finding one as they are a bit old. Search around in the upgraqdes forum.

gokuman56 04-18-2010 06:37 PM

Ok, so I downloaded the ROM and the internet wasn't working, so I added settings and made it dial #777 and it works, but it says sprint, dial-up and is going a lot slower than it was going in WM 6.1 Sprint, before, it never showed dial-up but now it does, can someone help me remove this?
Thanks

demonlordoftheround 04-19-2010 08:48 AM

Under Settings/Personal/Sounds and Notifications/Notifications/Establish Connection uncheck the box for Display Screen Message.

gokuman56 04-19-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround (Post 1706634)
Under Settings/Personal/Sounds and Notifications/Notifications/Establish Connection uncheck the box for Display Screen Message.

No, it still connects to Dial-Up and the Internet Speeds are much slower than before, is there any way to fix this???

It had no connection settings on this ROM, so I just created a new one and dialed #777, but it uses dial up and makes the internet slow. Is there another setting I should do for this ROM???

demonlordoftheround 04-20-2010 04:00 PM

OK, LOL, I understand now. Your data connection is named dial-up, but still is EVDO. You have the EV symbol in the taskbar or is it 1x?

You are running speedtests and finding that the results are slow. Still with Radio ROM 3.42.02? How is the signal strength?

You might consider upgrading the radio software to 3.42.50, but PIE was, from my experience very slow. My tethered speeds were twice what shows up on the phone.

gokuman56 04-21-2010 06:36 PM

I guess I'll just go back to 6.1, its a lot better and takes up much less ram!!!! What is the least RAM consuming ROM for the mogul, the only thing it has to have is EVDO REV A. and It can be 5 or 6 as long as it has REV A. and takes up a very little amount of RAM. Can you please tell me a good ROM.
Thanks

demonlordoftheround 04-21-2010 10:22 PM

I used to run the DCD 4.1.2 ROM. Very bare and fast. Again, this is a way old, so search in the upgrades forum. Also upgrade the radio to 3.42.50