PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Thumbs up New ROM - Sprint 2.16 - Touch (Vogue) Bluetooth hybrid

EDIT: This ROM has been removed from the FTP. I will update the thread and keep you guys posted. Thanks to all who tried the ROM and left feedback.

THERE IS CURRENTLY A KNOWN ISSUE WITH THIS BUILD THAT OCCURS WHEN THE AUTO-CUSTOMIZATIONS ARE RUN ON THE FIRST BOOT. I AM LOOKING INTO THIS ISSUE AND WILL CORRECT IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THIS ROM IS FOR THE PPC-6800 (A.K.A Titan, A.K.A. Mogul).

If you are new to flashing custom ROMs to your phone, Please read the following two threads first:
Titan Flashing for Dummies - a very basic guide
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9927
Hard-SPL - Flashing ROMs - Titan Unlocker - Click Here!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9093

I, nor anyone affiliated with ppcgeeks.com, take any responsibility for anything that may happen to your device from flashing custom ROMs to it. If you read the two threads I posted above, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

(Please note: This ROM is in beta (testing) stage and I need your feedback so I can work out any bugs/problems you may find. Don't use this ROM if you depend on your device for anything important. At least not until others have tried it with no issues and you think it is safe.)

This is a modified version of the Sprint 2.16 ROM. It is a hybrid of the stock 2.16 ROM and the Touch (Vogue) ROM. This is geared towards bluetooth users out there that have issues with bluetooth devices. I have ported over the bluetooth drivers and all from the HTC Touch (Vogue). Many users on here have reported that the Touch, has much better bluetooth than the Titan (Mogul). Therefore, I took all of the bluetooth stuff from the Touch ROM, and put it into the Titan ROM.

I have also added a few things for bluetooth functionality such as:

* Bluetooth Printer Profiles - Allows you to print using bluetooth enabled printers.
* BT FTP - Allows you to transfer many types of files via bluetooth.
* BT QuickLink from the Vogue - Today plugin that alerts you to bluetooth enabled devices and allows you to connect to them.
* Cambridge Bluetooth Add-on - Give you various different bluetooth profiles.
If you check in your bluetooth settings menu, and your programs menu, you will see the extra things mentioned above.

Then, to top it all off, I changed the pagepool on the device to give you guys some extra free RAM. Pagepool is set to 4 MB and you will see about 28 MB of free RAM on your first boot.

I also included the AudioPara audio tweak that makes your phone louder. A lot of people have issues with the volume on the Titan so I figured I would include this so you will hear everything loud and clear on your Titan. Just be sure not to let the carrier customizations run on the first boot or it will probably overwrite the AudioPara file and you will lose this tweak.

To bypass the carrier customizations, on your first boot, you will see a popup saying it will customize your device in 3 seconds... Before that 3 seconds runs out and it starts to run the customizations, soft reset the device using your stylus to push in the reset button on the bottom of your device.
I have tested this ROM with the 1.47 radio and it seems to be fine although there are some issues with the 1.47 radio. Therefore, I recommend using the 1.40 radio which you can find in my folder on the FTP. If you already have the 1.40 radio, you will not need to install it again. This ROM will not overwrite anything but your OS. It will leave your splash screens, radio, etc... the way it was.

If you do not currently have the 1.40 radio, make sure to flash the 1.40 radio first, then flash the new ROM.

You can find the new ROM and Radio in my folder on the FTP:
ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....an/Users/jtrag

I am looking for any feedback you guys may have while running this new ROM. Please post any feedback you have in this thread.

Well, that's about it for now. Enjoy the new ROM!

Special thanks to all that helped me with ROM development in general (Listed in no special order):
ImCoKeMaN
Colonel
sfaure
dcd
Olipro
and everyone else that helped to make it possible.

Last edited by jtrag; 11-11-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: ROM removed from FTP
Old 11-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, If things work out well with this ROM, I will be creating a custom ROM out of this for you guys with some more tweaks/additions.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

leetsauce is just getting started
What's wrong with the 1.47 radio?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Looks GREAT, I can't wait to Flash it when I get home, Thanks!
Old 11-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetsauce View Post
What's wrong with the 1.47 radio?
Some have reported issues while using the 1.47 radio. Not with this ROM (I actually tested this ROM with 1.47), but while using the 1.47 radio in general. You can use the 1.47 radio if you want to, I'm not sure it makes a difference really.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Sonny486 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrag View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, If things work out well with this ROM, I will be creating a custom ROM out of this for you guys with some more tweaks/additions.
Did you create the ROM using both the BT stacks in the SYS and OEM (OEMDrivers) directory? I just built one that seems to have excellent BT performance. I was curious how you moved them over.

I saw the BT FTP options on my Touch, and was going to do what you did. I may just use yours now!

Has your BT shut off on its own now or has this solved that problem?

-Sonny
Old 11-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny486 View Post
Did you create the ROM using both the BT stacks in the SYS and OEM (OEMDrivers) directory? I just built one that seems to have excellent BT performance. I was curious how you moved them over.

I saw the BT FTP options on my Touch, and was going to do what you did. I may just use yours now!

Has your BT shut off on its own now or has this solved that problem?

-Sonny
Yes, I copied everything over from both the SYS and OEMdrivers Directories. As far as the BT shutting off on it's own, I'm not sure if it's 100% fixed or not. If you guys could report bugs/problems you find, it would be very useful to all of us that are developing ROMs such as this one. Please be as detailed as possible when reporting bugs/problems.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Sonny486 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrag View Post
Yes, I copied everything over from both the SYS and OEMdrivers Directories. As far as the BT shutting off on it's own, I'm not sure if it's 100% fixed or not. If you guys could report bugs/problems you find, it would be very useful to all of us that are developing ROMs such as this one. Please be as detailed as possible when reporting bugs/problems.
I have noticed something odd.. My Bluetooth light blinks Blue then Green! Is yours doing the same?

-Sonny
Old 11-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Quote:
I have noticed something odd.. My Bluetooth light blinks Blue then Green! Is yours doing the same?

-Sonny
Is that "normal" touch behavior? I mean, is that a function of the touch's bluetooth indicators? (green = discoverable, or something)
Old 11-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:

-Sonny
Mine only flashes blue so far. Are you using this ROM, or the one you created?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan