PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Interesting... installing it now will report back!
Old 11-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Lurker

harrylin is a n00b
I'm very keen to flash your rom to get wm6, cos we only have wm5 titan here in NZ. but I'm worried if your rom will brick my phone.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrylin View Post
if it is for mogul, it is even better. coz I m thinking about choosing one of these two devices. coz there is no wm5 on the htc titan here in new zealand. my decision is between the touch and titan. I wanna buy a titan, and I wanna flash a wm6 rom into it. will your new rom delete all the setting from my carrier here? will the titan be able to connect to my carrier network here in new zealand after I flash your rom?
thanks
If you get a Titan and flash this ROM to it, it may mess up the carrier settings. I'm not 100% sure. The good news is, if you get us a copy of the ROM from your carrier, we could easily make it work with your carrier. I don't see that being an issue at all. Titan and Touch are both good devices. It's really a matter of which one you like best.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
in nz your titan is most likely a GSM phone. This is intended for a mogul, CDMA phone. there are a number of roms out there for the titan in other markets.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrylin View Post
I'm very keen to flash your rom to get wm6, cos we only have wm5 titan here in NZ. but I'm worried if your rom will brick my phone.
If you have HARD SPL (Patched Bootloader) from Olipro, you do not need to worry about bricking your phone with this ROM. Besides, this ROM is OS only. It does not overwrite your radio or anything else.

Read the first post in this thread. At the top are two links I'd recommend that you read before you flash this ROM.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03 View Post
in nz your titan is most likely a GSM phone. This is intended for a mogul, CDMA phone. there are a number of roms out there for the titan in other markets.
there isn't a GSM version of the titan - the titan is a CDMA phone...
Old 11-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Jtrag, I am slighly confused. I let it run the customization once, and it installed Alltel stuff... Where did this alltel stuff come from?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Jtrag, I am slighly confused. I let it run the customization once, and it installed Alltel stuff... Where did this alltel stuff come from?
You must have an Alltel extrom still on your phone from flashing another ROM prior to using this one. I have not included any extrom with this release. This is OS only. It does not touch the extrom, radio, splash screens, etc...

Just hard reset and don't let the customizations run on first boot. Those alltel customizations definitely aren't from this ROM.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:09 PM
N00b

jokeman3000 is a n00b
jtrag,

you mentioned a version with more tweaks as soon as this version is tested. How about a version with touch cube and touch flo?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrag View Post
You must have an Alltel extrom still on your phone from flashing another ROM prior to using this one. I have not included any extrom with this release. This is OS only. It does not touch the extrom, radio, splash screens, etc...

Just hard reset and don't let the customizations run on first boot. Those alltel customizations definitely aren't from this ROM.
Kk that's one of the thoughts that crossed my mind, but wasn't sure. Testing out bluetooth as I type...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan