PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

steveng004 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got a PROBLEM

OK guys, first let me say thanks for everything this forum has provided me with.

Now, I am having a problem with PHONE CALLS on my Sprint Mogul... There are a couple problems so I will list them numerically....

1. Sometimes when I dial a number my phone will say connected and I can't hear anything, but the person on the other end can hear me.

2. Most times I can dial a number and I will hear the phone ring on the other end, and as soon as someone picks it up I can't hear them (again they can hear me).

3. Sometimes people call me and as soon as I pick up, I can't hear the person on the other end.....

Right now I can only talk on the phone at random, I never know if i can or cannot.... It was initially only with a couple people, but now the problem is more pervasive i.e. over time this has gotten worse. It is not carrier specific, region specific, time specific, or anything else. My ability to conduct a successful call is random, which is leading me to believe I have a hardware problem (hopefully not)????

I am unsure what to do, or if there is any way to fix this. Returning my phone is not an option..... I did a hard reset a couple days ago, that didn't do anything... I appreciate any help....

edit: Forgot to add I'm using no custom ROM, only Win 6.1

Last edited by steveng004; 03-13-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond

h2onions is a n00b
Re: Got a PROBLEM

I am having the same problems (1, 2, and 3) you are having but worse I think!
I can't hear them and they can't hear me. I am connected but it is just silent. I tried calling my friends phone and it called out and he was able to pick up, but he couldn't hear me and i couldn't hear him. He tried calling me and it came through and the same thing happened. Its been doing that for a week now on and off at random.
It even goes silent when i'm in call with someone and i can't hear them and they can't hear me.
A couple times i've tried restarting my phone but then it goes straight into bootloader mode.

I was on a custom rom before, and then I just recently went back to stock sprint rom but it still does it.

If there is any fix or knowledge on this, it would be helpful!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Unfortunately, this sounds like a hardware failure. Did you run an unlocker? If so, which one?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I say you have a microphone failure. I think it is time for a replacement.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Threadstarter

steveng004 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
I say you have a microphone failure. I think it is time for a replacement.
I have an employee account and after speaking with someone on the phone I am allowed to bring the phone to a store for a repair. She made me take out the battery and reset it or whatever, but it's still bad. After a couple more days of this same problem, I now find I can talk to one person with no problems.... Don't know why this is.

So here are my questions... If this is a microphone failure, will they replace the phone, give me a new one, fix it, upgrade?? I can order a TP2 through the phone and I'm thinking that would be easier, but if I'm gonna get an upgrade anyways why would I do that?? What should I expect if I bring it to a store??

Thanks

P.S. Went to the mall and checked out the TP2 today at the T-Mobile store (they didn't have it at Sprint). The guy had a HD2 that was just a show piece and it was pretty nice lol. Too bad it doesn't have a keyboard

Last edited by steveng004; 03-15-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC xv6800 (Titan)
Carrier: Verizon

mrlespaulman is a n00b

I have the exact same problem, however I noticed that when I connect the headphones to the usb splitter deal, everything works fine. But upon disconnecting the headphones, there is no sound again. Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan