PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Problems in Canada (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11305)

winter720 11-08-2007 12:47 PM

Problems in Canada

Hello,

I traveled upto Vancouver BC yesterday and my mogul DOES NOT like it.

I'm running HTC's latest F*ck up ROM, and my phone locks up every 2-3 mins with the radio on. With it disabled it seems to act normal. I dont know who Sprint's roaming partners are up here, however they appear to hate my Mogul.

Also I'm constantly going between EVDO and 1xRTT areas, even when I dont move. Can I disable EVDO and make it stick in 1xRTT mode, as my battery lasts 3 hours w/o any use.

Thanks,

W

diomark 11-08-2007 01:01 PM

I had the exact same issue.. It sucked.. and to make it worse, when it did freeze up while I was in the office and it was plugged in, it didn't charge.. (so it was dead at the end of the day when I needed my GPS to get back to the hotel...)

Downgrading the radio to 1.40 fixes it.
-mark

Quote:

Originally Posted by winter720 (Post 116962)
Hello,

I'm running HTC's latest F*ck up ROM, and my phone locks up every 2-3 mins with the radio on. With it disabled it seems to act normal. I dont know who Sprint's roaming partners are up here, however they appear to hate my Mogul.

Also I'm constantly going between EVDO and 1xRTT areas, even when I dont move. Can I disable EVDO and make it stick in 1xRTT mode, as my battery lasts 3 hours w/o any use.

Thanks,

W

TheAvatar 11-08-2007 01:27 PM

Ahh good ole Telus !

I am willing to bet 5$ cdn (3$ us ;) ) that it is Telus. They have one of the largest networks out in the west coast !

Now I know why the Tech centre hinted not to use a custom rom with a sprint radio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winter720 (Post 116962)
Hello,

Thanks,

W

winter720 11-08-2007 01:48 PM

Alright Im game, whats the easiest way to downgrade the radio? my GF will kill me if I spend half the day reloading the entire phone. However Ive been up for 3 hours and already gone thru 10 reboots. It seems to happen ANYtime I make a connection... wether phone, sms, or data.

mstevens 11-13-2007 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAvatar (Post 117003)
5$ cdn (3$ us ;) )

I'll do you better than that: I'll trade you as many US fives for Canadian fives as you like, even up.