PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 06:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ripzeus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My old Mogul

Hello all,

Just wonder if anyone here has an idea on what to do with a old HTC Mogul.

I got my Touch Pro 2 a months ago and I am very happy, But i would like to know what i could do with this old Mogul. I canceled my Sprint and went Verizon cause of the location that i am at. The mogul is unlocked and everything else. Just have no idea what to do with it.

thnx for any help.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 1
Carrier: Cricket

915_tuscani is becoming a great contributor
Re: My old Mogul

you can send me the battery lol
Old 01-31-2010, 10:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Mogul: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) Sprint:PPC6800 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint:PPC6800)

you can still listen to music, browse the web, take photos, get directions via google maps wifi. just can't use the phone part.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Get some gps software and use it for a GPS!
Old 02-01-2010, 03:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

rasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can activated it and install one of those WiFi Router softwares and then put it in your car or something where it can act as an automobile hotspot.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

MaryZ is a n00b

Sell it on Ebay, of Course!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6900
Carrier: Sprint

takedown2 is a n00b

What condition is it in. My Mogul's touchscreen is going out and I could use a replacement.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

You can get a cradle for it and install WeatherPanel and one of the full screen skins like PhatFinger IV and custom animated icons... (Set the phone background intensity to a low level, disable the wi-fi, screen, or phone turning off) I also suggest running Skype in the background, so it is still a phone... (I use Second Today and the Skype Plug-in. Running all this uses up most of the available RAM.)

I found the GPS to be too much trouble to prime and get a lock if you don't have AGPS active. If you use it with Garmin XT, you will need a program like the MSL GPS plug-in to prime the GPS (take about 2 minutes to get lock without AGPS) and make sure to tweak the power management to keep the GPS from going to sleep... It works, just takes IMHO too much effort up front. Probably runs much better with an external Bluetooth GPS, but I haven't tried that yet...

Anything you would use a Non-Phone PDA is open for you... Other uses: Sound effect machine, Guitar tuner, Tricorder (prop), Stock/Sports/News Ticker, Bluetooth Remote for laptop (for XBMC for instance)...

Last edited by psiphi; 03-09-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: More ideas
Old 03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800 Mogul
Carrier: MetroPCS

S2BEIT is a n00b

I will buy it from you.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: none

memoryinuse is a n00b

do you have locations for the software you suggest. i bought a nice titan/mobile to use for a wi fi skype, but need to get rid of some other unused stuff, also, skype sounds choppy on it, and now phone use to test the phone itself. suggestions?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan