PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

t60n3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issue with Verizon allowing use of an Alltel Titan, Help!

Has anyone taken a unlocked Alltel Titan and used it on a contact with Verizon? I sold my friend an Alltel Titan that I build a rom for with WM6.1 and in the BuildOS I set the carrier to Verizon but Verizon is telling him that they cannot switch his contract over to use it because it is an alltel phone not a verizon phone. Give me a break, Verizon and Alltel are the same now. Anyone have any experience with this and how to get around it?
Old 03-01-2010, 02:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

ekessel is a n00b
Re: Issue with Verizon allowing use of an Alltel Titan, Help!

I had an Alltel Titan for 2+ years and I just got an Imagio. Even though Alltel and Verizon are the same company now, the tower technology is not. Verizon is no longer upgradeing Alltel software/hardware so data services are getting spotty. The voice is ok but not much else. The phone will worlk on a Verizon network but they are slowly transitioning away from the Alltel tower/hardware/software in the their network. Even with my new phone on a Verizon plan, since my cell number was an Alltel number, I can not get certain features like visual voicemail until later this year when they have fully ported the Alltel network into their own.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

They will allow activate the alltel phone with someone who used to be an alltel customer. Someone who has been a verizon customer the entire time will NOT be able to activate the phone. The system won't allow it.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto q9c
Carrier: Alltel

rclowry is a n00b

I bought a used Alltel Titan on eBay a month ago to replace a phone that my wife dropped/broke. I have an Alltel contract that runs another couple of months. Verizon activated the phone for us, but it was a painful process that tied me up for a couple of hours on the phone with VZW tech support. I asked if I could continue to use this phone if I transition to a VZW contract when the Alltel contract is up, the answer was no - I will have to continue the Alltel agreement month-to-month, or buy a Verizon phone if I want a new Verizon service agreement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan