PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: instict
Carrier: sprint

Dafe1er is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Question On what to do?

Hello, I have been looking through the forums, and can't seem to find a answer to my question's, so I thought I'd ask here.

I have a Mogul HTC PPC6800 phone I got yesterday, and know nothing about this phone.( never Had a phone like this I only had Nextel phones )

I'm looking to see if I have to use Outlook, because I HATE it. I use Firebird on my desktop, and would like to use it on the PPC.

I also have Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise on my desktop, and found a Mobile Office 2007 on a torrent site, and just can't figure out how to get it to the phone. also with this file, I don't know if it has everything I need like Office 07 on my desktop ( Word, Excel, etc....). I have attached it to this post for you guy's to take a look at.

I just want to be able to get all my (25) email accounts to the phone, and be able to browse the web on the site's I'm a Smod at, and be able to edit, add, delete contacts on my desktop ( which is running Vista ) and send them to the phone.

I have figured out how to do the Ringers, themes, and wallpapers from here in the last hour, and found it VERY easy compared to Nextel phones!!!!

any and all help would be really appreciated!

Thank you,

Dafe.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobile Office 2007.zip (2.30 MB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Dafe1er; 11-06-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
um get one email, gmail works great and if you want to use direct push goto mail2web.cm, and you should already have office mobile 2007, as far as syncing with ff idk

p.s. most web based email services allow you to forward mail to another account
Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Dafe1er is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeurx View Post
um get one email, gmail works great and if you want to use direct push goto mail2web.cm, and you should already have office mobile 2007, as far as syncing with ff idk

p.s. most web based email services allow you to forward mail to another account

Thank you for the reply,

I need to get all my email accounts, and they consist of Gmail, yahoo, Verizon, etc... I can't get just one email! I also don't want to have to log into each email account I have, I was thinking maybe there is another program to use on this for instead of the crappy Outlook, something like Fire bird by thunder bird.
as for already having Office 07 on the phone, I have Excel, PowerPoint, and Word mobile on the phone, I'm looking to add Access, One Note, and Publisher Mobile if at all possible.

Also what would be a good program to use to created contacts on the desktop, and then send to the phone?

and one more question is how to make the ringers louder? I have the settings all the way up, is there a way to tweak the settings higher?

thanks,

Dafe.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore
As for as the emails go, I have about 6 emails set up. And they all update, or at least I get a txt notice, then download them.

As for the outlook, I hate it also, I can't get my contacts to sync. But I do keep a back up of my programs on my desktop. I use PPCPimBackup to backup my phone. Also Mail2Web is a good site for contact backups.

BTW welcome to the site, I went from a Treo to my Mogul, and it took me awhile to figure out how much better it was, in most ways. Trust me when I say this you will love to hate this phone, it has some ROM problems, thats why most are switching to the Touch, but good luck
Old 11-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Dafe1er is a n00b
Well, thanks for the replies guy's, I guess I'll have to do some more research, and see what I can find. I don't understand why anyone would use Outlook, it is so Crappy.

glidersgalore, I will be looking into those apps, and see what they can do for me. if you guy's have a lingo section here on the site, can you post a link to it for me, as I had said earlier, this is a new phone to me compared to the Nextel one's, and I need to learn what the lingo is so I know what type of tweaks I can do and apps to do them with.

also is there a tip calculator for this phone? my wife drives me nuttz with this for the old phones, and I was wondering if anyone might know of it being out for this phone?

Thanks to all,

Dafe.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
like i said earlier, you can get an account at mail2web.com and then configure all your emails to forward a copy to the mail2web server, mail2web is an exchange server that allows syncing of contacts, tasks, calenders, and notes from the device. as far as mobile office, thats it.. well you can also have mobile one note but there is no publisher or access

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan