PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Tutorial: USB DUN with "Wireless Modem" app on HTC Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by michoacanito View Post
hey was the unlock code
The unlock code for?
Old 10-10-2009, 02:08 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michoacanito View Post
hey was the unlock code
I think you mean MSL. if you activate online it will tell you the code.
otherwise look for BAF MSL grabber.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: MoGuL
Carrier: cricket

VizionForever is just getting started
64bit Vista Fun: .INF driver file is not seen

"I realize this is a very late addition to this thread. I'm posting this here to capture the information for anyone trying to resolve a "driver not found" problem after having followed the preceding instructions.

The preceding instructions on this thread are great, but lack one critical piece of information for installing the modem driver under updated 64-bit versions of Windows. Note that early 64-bit versions of Windows did not impose the requirements discussed below. That may explain why some 64-bit users did not encounter the problem.

After following the preceding instructions on a 64-bit version of Windows, you may still encounter a problem that Windows is not recognizing the .INF file as a valid driver for your phone. The reason is because updated versions of 64-bit Windows require that the .INF file properly indicate that the driver is intended for 64-bit Windows. (Earlier Windows-64 versions did not.) Without this indication within the .INF file, Windows will read the .INF file but then decide that the driver isn't valid for that version of Windows. Windows won't say the driver isn't valid. It'll simply act like it never saw the .INF file.

The details about the solution to this problem are here: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/drive...64INF_reqs.mspx

For AMD 64-bit systems, the following .INF file section:

[Manufacturer]
%HTC%=HTC

Must be changed to:

[Manufacturer]
%HTC%=HTC,NTamd64

Note the addition of ",NTamd64" as an indication that the driver is for AMD 64-bit systems. (The correct seperator character is a comma. It's not entirely clear in the Microsoft article whether it is a comma or period.)

The following also must be changed:

[HTC]

to:

[HTC.NTamd64]

The addition of ".NTamd64" makes the [HTC] section correspond with the first change. (In this case, the correct separation mark is a period.)

Since I have an AMD64 system, the above is all I have tested and made work. I believe the above referenced Microsoft article indicates that Intel 64 bit systems should use "NTia64" instead of "NTamd64".

I recommend that you first copy your original .INF file and name the copy with the addition of "64" to its name. Then edit the "64" copy."
Thanks to kburgoyne at howardforums for that
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...8&page=2&pp=15

While that is fascinating and a good bit of sherlock holmes detective work, another user in that thread pointed out that can use vzacces manager that already has the driver files correct for Vista 64 bit, which makes it a download and click install....So go to the verizon site! You will need a phone # of someone with a verizon phone number to download, below are the files you will need for the MOGUL
WModem_Driver_Installer_v1.2.2.4_WWE
and
VZAccess_6.9.2_2135b-XV6950-XV6850-XV6900-XV6800-XV6700
then you need to set up a modem connection on your pc #777 yadayada after custom copying and pasting usb modem program to the folders on your htc 6800 etc... Enjoy!

Last edited by VizionForever; 10-11-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: reasearched
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

Rhythm is a n00b

Thank for the tut. I have it working, but speeds are average. does anyone know how i can increase the speeds. I've done a little bit of research already and read something about possibly upgrading the radio (no really sure what that means, new to this). Can anyone help?

Old 10-26-2009, 04:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint

dogwin is a n00b

Any significant changes when using WM 6.1?
Old 10-28-2009, 01:36 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
Thank for the tut. I have it working, but speeds are average. does anyone know how i can increase the speeds. I've done a little bit of research already and read something about possibly upgrading the radio (no really sure what that means, new to this). Can anyone help?

That is not bad, how many bars you have? Turn off active sync right before you open up usb modem after you have plugged in usb. locate your phone in a higher spot to get more bars.[-o<

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwin View Post
Any significant changes when using WM 6.1?
Some, whereas rillphone.dll is now isext.dll.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: 64bit Vista Fun: .INF driver file is not seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizionForever View Post
"
Since I have an AMD64 system, the above is all I have tested and made work. I believe the above referenced Microsoft article indicates that Intel 64 bit systems should use "NTia64" instead of "NTamd64".
This is always what I have needed thanks so much.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 PM
N00b

Exclamation Windows 7 64-bit Driver NEEDED?! "Wireless Modem" HTC 6800

Anyone know if the Wmodem_driver_installer_v1.2.2.4WWE driver for vista 64 will work in WINDOWS 7 if the .inf file were changed a little? I get an error message that the driver is for win XP and vista 32 and vista 64 only.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:19 PM
N00b

THANKS KURT!
November 09
"HOWTO: Install an HTC Windows Phone as a USB Modem on Windows 7 x64

I’ve been struggling for the past 2 days trying to get my HTC Touch Pro 2 to install as a tethered USB modem on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installation – the last item on my migration path from the 32-bit world to the 64-bit world of Windows.
I’m used to Samsung devices admittedly. With Samsung Windows Phones, like clockwork, all you’d need to do is set the phone to “tether” mode on the phone and plug it into the serial port of your computer on any current Windows OS and walla – the driver would either install miraculously or it would be downloaded over the Internet from Windows Update. No muss, no fuss. 100% functional every single time.
HTC… not so much.
THE UNEXPECTED EXPERIENCE – HTC AUTO INSTALL = NOT?
I followed the following procedure above for my HTC Touch Pro 2 from Verizon and all I go was “Could not install driver" after Windows clearly went to Windows Update to check for a current driver.
Now I know that the driver for this phone as a tethered modem is a very basic driver but for some reason there’s nothing registered for it’s hardware identifier within the Windows 7 x64 OS or online in Windows Update. (This usually means – ahem - that the OEM manufacturer didn’t bother to register the driver with Microsoft, something Samsung has done repeatedly for previous operating systems)
So I searched… GOD, did I search… high and low for a driver to download and install. I tried unzipping them and pointing “Device Manager” to the unpacked drivers and it would never recognize any of them.
It got to the point where I was able to actually configure the phone to be a BLUETOOTH WIRELESS MODEM (which did autoinstall correctly using Windows Update by the way) but still couldn’t get Windows Update to pick up the HTC TP2 as a wireless tethered modem despite it being USB connected.
THE TURNING POINT: THE VZACCESS DISC
I’d installed the VZAccess Manager Software to see if the drivers would install and the phone would be recognized as a device. After all – the thing is supposed to be an end to end installer right? No joy. I installed the VZA Manager software and even it wasn’t able to finagle the OS to recognize the phone.
I was beginning to hate life when I realized: HEY. Maybe the drivers were on the disc? I searched the disc and found nothing. Then I thought… HEY. Maybe the drivers got installed by some miracle on my machine during the VZA install but the installer didn’t install them correctly? Grasping at straws? YES. But desperate times…
HOLY CRAP. I do a search of my machine and lo and behold, I find this directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\WModem_Installer\Vista64
There’s a bunch of .SYS files and .INF files in there. Lookin’ good! I open START-CONTROL PANEL-DEVICE MANAGER and right mouse button click on the “Generic Serial” devices listed under OTHER DEVICES, and click “Update driver software”. I point to “C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\WModem_Installer\Vista64” annnnnnd….
BOING! “HTC USB Modem” appears! Hallelujah! I do the same for the “other” Generic Serial entry in OTHER DEVICES (there were two) and “HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM” appears!
SETTING UP THE DIAL UP NETWORKING CONFIGURATION
The rest is downhill. I go to START-CONTROL PANEL-NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER and I click the link for “Set up a new connection or network”. I click “Set up a Dial Up Connection” on the next screen, then select my newly created “HTC USB Modem” and click ‘Next’.
I fill in the following information:
The User name is simply your phone number with “@vzw3g.com” appended to it. And that’s it! The software should autotest things and you should be good to go!
BUT WHY NOT JUST STICK WITH BLUETOOTH IF THAT ALREADY WORKED?
I stuck to trying to figure this out over USB instead of staying happy with just Bluetooth tethering which did in fact work because of one reason: SPEED. I was recording about 990kbps download speeds over Verizon’s network while using the Bluetooth configuration and knew that the HTC Touch Pro 2 was capable of EvDO Rev A speeds that were much higher.
The moment I tethered the phone and tested my new HTC USB Modem driver enabled configuration, I saw a massive difference in overall bandwidth. I got as high as 1892kbps… a speed that starts to rival my home DSL line.
BUT I DON’T HAVE THE VZACCESS MANAGER!

Yeah, you’re supposed to download it from this link. You will need a current subscription to Verizon Wireless’ services to get in.Now that being said, I’ve zipped up the stupid directory of drivers for my phone and have posted it to my web site to make it easy for people to install.Anyway, I hope this saves at least ONE person out there the trouble that I had to go through to figure this out.

Kurt Shintaku has turned off comments on this page."

PPS I had to manually install drivers go to hardware in control panel go to properties by right clicking have to manually select the exact file for the unidentified serial device (MODEM) I did the 44kb one first and then the 3kb one after, restarted an wallah...Oh yea the windows 7 serial modem driver is from evilkoalla.org link is above! rarest drive in the planet but I suspect this driver will be shakin' soon

Last edited by VizionForever; 11-23-2009 at 05:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: Flashed to MetroPCS

xBLKSHADOWx is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Tutorial: USB DUN with "Wireless Modem" app on HTC Mogul

Hi all,

Just want to say thank you for this wonderful tutorial. However I seem to be having a small issue. My laptop is currently connected to my phone, the LAN connection icon by the clock in the bottem right is on and flashing for both sending and receiving, so everything appears to be working correctly, even the wmodem on my htc mogul has all three squares lit up, but i still cannot connect to the internet through firefox or internet explorer. Can someone please help me? I have followed the tutorial exactly and I am using the verizon HTC mogul flashed to metropcs. Internet works on my phone along with mms, but I just cant seem to get internet sharing or wmodem to help my laptop connect to the internet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan