PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro, and Sprint Touch Diamond, iPhone 3G (white) also ha
Carrier: Sprint PCS, AT&T(Ugh)

Mastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking HTC CommManager 8 buttons PORTED to 6800!!!

Whats crackin' guys,

After some hard time searching for a fully working HTC CommManager for the 6800, i found nothing. More than often with useless button and non-working WLAN.

i decided to port it to the mogul

This is an 8 button fully working CommManager with

1. Flight Mode
2. Phone
3. BlueTooth
4. WLAN
5. Beam
6. ActiveSync
7. Ringer
8. Internet Sharing

All HTC skin that i found in this and other forum

1. HTC Window Media Player Skin
2. HTC Calculator Skin
3. HTC Wait Animation Skin
4. HTC Action Screen

ALL TESTED WORKING on the 6800 Mogul!!

PLEASE POST WHAT YOU THINK OR ANY COMMENTS/ADVICE ON WHAT TO CHANGE!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen007.jpg (11.0 KB, 1068 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg HTC-SKIN.jpg (18.2 KB, 1400 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCH SKINS.zip (514.4 KB, 625 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip 6800 HTC Comm Manager.zip (297.4 KB, 630 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Mastanthony89; 11-06-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

SonOfChrist is a n00b
thanks i like that calc skin
Old 11-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Looks good - giving it a shot.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Lurker

Mr Crunk is a n00b
thanks, look forward to installing
Old 11-06-2007, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
The following is the best Comm Manager I've found for the Mogul, it's a 10 button version based on a Kaiser ROM.

Make sure the old Comm Manager is not running before installing the new one.

1.) Download it from the first post here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=320239
And unzip/install it.

2.) Go the following thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=320239&page=7
and download the "Portrait Volume PNGs for 10-button Comm Mgr.zip" attached in the last post in that thread page (post by luv2chill). Unzip the file contents to the \Windows folder on the Mogul. They are some volume related graphics missing from the comm manager.

3.) Finally, after installing the comm manager, and soft reseting your device, use a registry editor, and go to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\CommManager\WLAN

Edit the DeviceName String value, and change the device identifier at end of the existing string value (should start with a letter "T") to TNETW12511. This should allow the WiFi button in the Comm manager to properly turn on and off the Mogul's WiFi radio.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

sheltem is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
The following is the best Comm Manager I've found for the Mogul, it's a 10 button version based on a Kaiser ROM.

Make sure the old Comm Manager is not running before installing the new one.

1.) Download it from the first post here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=320239
And unzip/install it.

2.) Go the following thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=320239&page=7
and download the "Portrait Volume PNGs for 10-button Comm Mgr.zip" attached in the last post in that thread page (post by luv2chill). Unzip the file contents to the \Windows folder on the Mogul. They are some volume related graphics missing from the comm manager.

3.) Finally, after installing the comm manager, and soft reseting your device, use a registry editor, and go to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\CommManager\WLAN

Edit the DeviceName String value, and change the device identifier at end of the existing string value (should start with a letter "T") to TNETW12511. This should allow the WiFi button in the Comm manager to properly turn on and off the Mogul's WiFi radio.
Nevermind. I just figured out that if you leave the hardware Wifi switch in the "ON" position, then you can properly turn off/on the wifi radio in the comm manager! Thank you so much for the fix!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
its koo theme... some of them dont work as well as hoped

the phone didn't allow me to install the 8 button command manager because it didn't have "permission" now i think i know how to find out how to disable this to allow me to install... but i wont bother. now i was able to install all the other skins... which i like so far... but the windows media player skin doesn't seem to play nice cuz i wasn't able to update my library after installing... maybe it will work after a few resets.... and so far its not letting me change the skin with the skin options, so i sapose if i wanted to change back to the original skin i would have to uninstall... also.... i don't have any idea how access the htc action screen

edit: its in your "programs" folder. its titled "HTCActionScreen" its icon looks like a running program window. mybad... i was tired yesterday i was working the election lol

Last edited by gxnext; 11-07-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

Sun1914 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Sun1914
Having a bit of trouble....

Same here...I wasnt able to install some of the themes...the only one that was successful without an trouble was the WMP skin...no cursor...no calculator...no Comm...any suggestions?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
the phone didn't allow me to install the 8 button command manager because it didn't have "permission" now i think i know how to find out how to disable this to allow me to install... but i wont bother. now i was able to install all the other skins... which i like so far... but the windows media player skin doesn't seem to play nice cuz i wasn't able to update my library after installing... maybe it will work after a few resets.... and so far its not letting me change the skin with the skin options, so i sapose if i wanted to change back to the original skin i would have to uninstall... also.... i don't have any idea how access the htc action screen
Intersting - All installed fine for me.

Calc - works fine.
WMP - works....updated library fine and plays without issue. All player functions appear to work.

COMM Manager - The wifi button does not work even with the hardware switch on it seems. Other than that it seems fine.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
im really curious about this htc action screen, how do you access it?

edit: again... mybad lol i was tired. its in your "programs" folder. its titled "HTCActionScreen" its icon looks like a running program window.

Last edited by gxnext; 11-07-2007 at 08:36 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan