PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Windows live messenger problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11073)

githanis 11-05-2007 04:54 AM

Windows live messenger problem

I have the mogul and installed the windows live messenger on both my home computer (laptop) and both mine and my wives mogul. We each have a seperate user ID (hotmail account) that we sign in under on our phones. On one the computer and one signed in on the phone. Here is the problem I have been having.

When signed in on our laptop computer, when someone signs in it shows up and works great. When we are signed in on our phones though we always see everyone as offline, even though we are signed in on the phone, or other family members are signed in with the same phone. We have done the initial process of putting them into the contacts and accepting the prompt for them to see us when we are online, and visa versa. Even when I'm signed in on my phone and my wife is signed in on hers, and we are right next to each other, both phones show we are each offline. Is this a bug, since the one on the computer works fine, and it seems to be just the phone? Is there a fix? Should I change to a different IM type system.

The reason we went with this one in the first place was to communicate with family on the East coast, since we live on the West coast. We like it for the video conferencing on the laptop and thought it would be great for the IM purpose on the phones. What can I do to fix this? Or should I change to something different (which means having all of my family change as well if we have to give up messenger)?

Any help wouled be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any advice you ight have.

jbbosu 11-05-2007 05:01 AM

I believe you need to go into settings, clear account/password, and then re-enter all your info...the system resets after a soft reset.

Try this and see what happens.

Chillen 11-05-2007 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbbosu (Post 114032)
I believe you need to go into settings, clear account/password, and then re-enter all your info...the system resets after a soft reset.

Try this and see what happens.

I am also having this issue...tried your tip and it did not work.. contacts still apearing offline :|

Pibe38 11-05-2007 06:25 AM

Basically this is what happens... you sign in to Messenger and you see your contacts fine. If you sign out and sign in again you should see them again with no issues.

The issue is when you soft reset. If you sign in to Messenger after performing a soft reset all your contacts will show offline, even though they see you online and can send you messages.

The only way I have been able to 'fix' this is to go to Windows Live, Remove Account, and then sign in to Windows Live again.

I actually found this issue fixed on the 2.16 ROM, but since it's unstable and has been officially removed... there's nothing we can do but wait.

miguelfp1 11-05-2007 06:51 AM

actually, I found some newer Windows Live cabs over at xda-developers, and that did fix the problem for me while using 2.09 ROM.
this may work for you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=334621

Chillen 11-05-2007 11:58 AM

I am on sprints new 2.16 rom.. Since I am lookin for new place.. all my things are packed including usb cable.. cant even flash to the previous rom i had from Colonel. Miguel thx I will try the newer cabs.

miguelfp1 11-05-2007 12:23 PM

sure, just let us know how it works out for you

Chillen 11-05-2007 03:18 PM

K seems like Windows Live 10.6.32.2100 (Fixed).cab fixed the issue.. also from what I read seems to also fix the issue were msn contacts were being imported my moguls adresss book, thank god :D

githanis 11-06-2007 03:51 AM

I worked

The fixed download .cab worked. I'm very happy. Thank you to everyone for their imput.