PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   HTC Mogul screen not working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110116)

itscrazy 02-09-2010 07:32 PM

HTC Mogul screen not working

A couple of hours ago my screen just stopped turning on. All the lights work but when the screen turns on it stays black. I've reset it a billion times, took the battery out a few times, and checked the battery connections as well. It also takes a really long time for the buttons to light up when I press the power button. Before this started happening my screen would freeze when I turned it on.

anyone know what the problem could be and possible solution?

thanks!

austintb 02-09-2010 08:30 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17518; U; en))

Quote:

Originally Posted by itscrazy
A couple of hours ago my screen just stopped turning on. All the lights work but when the screen turns on it stays black. I've reset it a billion times, took the battery out a few times, and checked the battery connections as well. It also takes a really long time for the buttons to light up when I press the power button. Before this started happening my screen would freeze when I turned it on.

anyone know what the problem could be and possible solution?

thanks!

hello.
have you tried to reflash your mogul? if that doesnt work, then your screen is dead. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

itscrazy 02-09-2010 08:50 PM

Re: HTC Mogul screen not working

I took my battery out for like 20 mins and turned it back on and now its working!! thank god the screen didnt die, i cant upgrade until march 1st.

thanks for replying

austintb 02-09-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itscrazy (Post 1554004)
I took my battery out for like 20 mins and turned it back on and now its working!! thank god the screen didnt die, i cant upgrade until march 1st.

thanks for replying

Excellent! Well keep it working! LOL=D>

drewcam888 02-10-2010 09:51 AM

You flex cable may be loose. If it happens again then you should check it. Do you not have the insurance/warranty that would replace the phone free?

itscrazy 02-13-2010 04:57 PM

well it happened again last night. I just opened it up and saw that my flex cable has a small tear in it. I dont have insurance so I cant get it replaced. Does anyone know if there is a replacement flex cable that i could use or a way to temporarily fix it for the next couple of weeks?

thanks

sadthai 02-14-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itscrazy (Post 1563288)
well it happened again last night. I just opened it up and saw that my flex cable has a small tear in it. I dont have insurance so I cant get it replaced. Does anyone know if there is a replacement flex cable that i could use or a way to temporarily fix it for the next couple of weeks?

thanks

this is a design flaw in the mogul. i have documented this problem with the mogul in the past on here at ppcgeeks.com. the problem is that whenever you slide open/close the keyboard, the ribbon cable that connects the phone to the lcd screen rub against a sharp piece of metal and over time the metal will cut into the ribbon and damage it. i have open up a couple of good working moguls and put a piece of tape over the sharp area and it pretty much cure this problem.

Thundaar2000 02-15-2010 10:30 AM

Do you think the same flex cable would cause the phone to shut off and reboot all by itself? (like you took out the battery and put it back in).

Are there companies out there that would have the ribbon cable for sale?

Is there a video that shows how to disassemble (and re-assemble :drunken: )? I looked on youtube but cant find anything. I never know what search words work to get what I'm lookin for...

Thanks!
T

demonlordoftheround 02-15-2010 12:36 PM

Yeah, there are videos for disassembly of a Mogul here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...assemble+mogul