PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

ccoll5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ring tone from Sprint

hey guys, im new to the ppc, ive got a mogul. i got it 2 days ago and have been playing with it non stop, im switching over from a palm treo so its just a "little" different. i was wondering if you could download the ring tones from sprint to the phone. i have $20 in premium service credits with my plan and i have tried downloading some ringers from sprint and it wont work. could you guys let me know if it works or if you just have to make your own and transfer to the phone from the computer. thanks guys ahead of time and sorry if this is a noob question.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Mustang46L is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
Sorry, but you can't get anything from Sprint for the Titan. All purchased (for software that they offer) is all done through a 3rd party and ringtones/wallpapers/calltones are not offered.

If you want ringtones it is as simple as (a search) copying MP3s to your Windows>Rings folder or copy a WAV file to the Windows folder for alarms/text/email rings.
Compaq H3650 --> Handspring 600 (Sprint) --> HTC 6600 (Sprint) --> Dell Axim X51v --> HTC Mogul (Sprint) --> HTC Touch (Sprint) --> HTC Diamond (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) --> Palm Pre (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Old 11-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ccoll5 is a n00b
thanks. thats about what i had figured out but i was just wanting to make sure. again thanks, i have learned so much from this site.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

Ese Joker is a n00b
well theres a couple of ways 1.croppin da song down 2 30 sec usin an audio program then copyin and pastin onto da phone,which is wat i do Sony acid 6.0 great for modifyin properties of da songs as far as turnin up da treble vocals and/or bass 2.u can download HTC audio manager and it will allow u 2 create ringtones i havent done it dat way so im not sure bout da steps 3. thers a program on ur mogul called java which u open it onced loggd in it has a folders called ringtones if u follow da links once in a while it will work lol 4.if u have da music application installed on ur phone (phone would install it when u first turn on ur mogul unless u stop it)u can log into da sprint music store and just listen to any preview of any song once u do dat go to File Explorer>My Device>Application Data>Volatile>there should b a WMP file just copy then go 2 My Device>My Documents>My Ringtones>and just paste and voila u got a free ringtone complementary of sprint being they charge out da ass fo a phone dats late fo its time
Samsung Upstage
Treo 700
Moto SLVR
PPC-6700
PPC-6600
Samsung 940
Samsung 920
Samsung 800
Samsung 880
Treo 650
Sanyo 5500
Sanyo 8200
Treo 600
Sanyo 8100
Samsung VGA-1000
Old 11-03-2007, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

sprint_2007 is just getting started
Forget the Sprint Music Store, get your Ringer FREE here foo

Hey forget the Sprint Music Store. If your using it, you must know the sound quality on that is awful. Its not MP3 quality more like Stereo quality. Just go to Myxer.com and go to "Verify My Phone" after that just start searching and downloading! You can do it straight from your Mogul or just go to www.Myxer.com on your PC. 98% of the ringers are free in MP3 quality, theres some greedy kiddos that charge $0.99 but never get those. You can crop the songs down to as little as 1 second long to 1 minute long! Check it out guys, lemme knwo what you think. I personally think its the BEST free ringtone site out there
Old 11-03-2007, 05:31 PM
N00b

Karot is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Karot
I agree with the above statement. Myxer is amazing.

Does anybody know if there is a registry tweak or something that allows for you to stop the ringer by pressing a button or something like that? On all of my previous Sprint phones if you were ringing or vibrating you could press the volume button on the side of the phone,or any button for that matter, and the ringer would stop and or stop vibrating.

My mogul doesn't do that =(.

Besides creating insanely small ringtones with small lengths, is there a way to do this?

I hope I got my question across, if not I will try and explain more.

*sorry for thread jack, but figured not to creat another ringtone thread.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

Ese Joker is a n00b
ive neva heard of myxer i'll b sure 2 check it out and if u read closely nuff i prefer doin da croppin myself through my program since i can do movie lines as well as any underground music not just da music dats hot at da time
Old 11-03-2007, 06:42 PM
N00b

Karot is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Karot
you upload and edit your own songs on myxer. well you can if you make a free account
Old 11-04-2007, 03:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ccoll5 is a n00b
i also crop and edit my own ringers most of the time using audacity, but since my employee plan includes $20 in premium service credits i was hoping i would be able to use it.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

korndogg is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karot View Post
I agree with the above statement. Myxer is amazing.

Does anybody know if there is a registry tweak or something that allows for you to stop the ringer by pressing a button or something like that? On all of my previous Sprint phones if you were ringing or vibrating you could press the volume button on the side of the phone,or any button for that matter, and the ringer would stop and or stop vibrating.

My mogul doesn't do that =(.

Besides creating insanely small ringtones with small lengths, is there a way to do this?

I hope I got my question across, if not I will try and explain more.

*sorry for thread jack, but figured not to creat another ringtone thread.
On my Alltel Mogul, I roll the scroll wheel and my ringer stops ringing without ignoring the phone call. Don't know if it will work on a Sprint one, but that's what I do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan