PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: Verizon/Alltel

Midnght_J is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Midnght_J Send a message via Yahoo to Midnght_J
Inside the 6800, Yep i took it apart!!!! OMG

Well I was bored at work and figured what the hell lets take a lookie inside this wonderful piece of technology. Sorry I didn’t have a camera here with me so I used my buddy's Moto Razor. I onl have two shots but I will have more soon. I plan to take it completely apart removing screen and all, but only after they send me my replacement. I did a lil con on alltel, again lol gotta love the data techs. There are 4 t6 screws that hold the thing together. then there are another 4 tiny Philips screws that holds the PCBA board in. be very careful not to tear the ribbion cables under the keyboard. Its way easier to take apart and reassemble than the 6700. This is as far as I got it was getting close to 5pm time to go. Well i will post more as soon as i can....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10-30-07_1124.jpg (63.8 KB, 327 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 10-30-07_1125.jpg (57.0 KB, 302 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Midnght_J; 11-02-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

hay112 is a n00b
cool beans,

find us a GPS chip in there ; )
Old 11-02-2007, 02:05 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

TC1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hay112 View Post
cool beans,

find us a GPS chip in there ; )
Yea, and while you are in there see if Jimmy Hoffa is around....

Old 11-02-2007, 03:38 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
For anyone that wants to see pics of the Mogul's internals, take a look at Murph24's pics here http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x14/Murph244/

Shadowmite confirmed that GPS won't work on the Mogul as well,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmite
Confirmed, thanks for getting the shot of those chips... It is, sorry to say, a wifi antenna... The 6800 is not capable of standalone GPS... This is quite upsetting as this is based on a phone which is supposed to have it. I'm sorry for getting everyone's hopes up...

Murph24, you're the man, thanks for doing this for everyone!

Last edited by stroths; 11-02-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Lurker

rhythmp is a n00b
Can you compare your phone with the "internal photos" on the FCC website to confirm that the internal GPS antenna is there?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
oh I totally see the GPS antenna in there...ohh..wait look there...I also found the missing wi-fi card from the sprint touch...that's where they put it...hmmfp.. it's always in the last place you look...
Old 11-02-2007, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
What kind of RAM chip is it using, quick solder in a 128MB one, .
Old 11-03-2007, 02:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor
Ok, I hate to be the guy that does this, but everyone whos naysaying GPS on the mogul... Two factors. 1) based on what I read in another thread, qualcomm is using a frequency modulation to utilize multiple tasks on single antenna. 2) We know the mogul uses the qualcomm 7500 chipset. Read the following, straight from qualcomm's website http://www.cdmatech.com/products/msm...t_solution.jsp

(snipped for content)
MSM7500 Chipset Solution

Technical Features

gpsOne® position-location assisted-GPS (A-GPS) solution

-------------------

QUALCOMM’s gpsOne® position-location technology enables highly accurate, widely available position-location technology to be deployed on mobile devices.

The gpsOne solution is fully integrated into QUALCOMM chipset solutions to provide wireless device manufacturers with the ability to offer gpsOne without the need for additional hardware or software.

Key Functionality
  • Supports multiple modes of Assisted-GPS (A-GPS), which leverages GPS satellites and the cellular network for highly reliable positioning capabilities
  • Supports Standalone-GPS, which expands the availability of positioning capabilities to areas where cellular networks are not accessible
---------------------

Sorry to all you naysayers, but Ill stick with the techspecs and wait for functionality to be unlocked in the phone once sprint figures out how to charge us to use it. Yes Virginia, there is a GPS solution in the mogul.

--EDIT--
Almost forgot... http://www.cdmatech.com/download_lib...00_chipset.pdf Read Page 2, about halfway down. Under the position Location Based Services description it says "Simultaneous operation capabilities with CDMA2000 1X and CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rel. 0/EV-DO Rev. A"

Last edited by kilmarac; 11-03-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmarac View Post
Ok, I hate to be the guy that does this, but everyone whos naysaying GPS on the mogul... Two factors. 1) based on what I read in another thread, qualcomm is using a frequency modulation to utilize multiple tasks on single antenna. 2) We know the mogul uses the qualcomm 7500 chipset. Read the following, straight from qualcomm's website http://www.cdmatech.com/products/msm...t_solution.jsp

(snipped for content)
MSM7500 Chipset Solution

Technical Features

gpsOne® position-location assisted-GPS (A-GPS) solution

-------------------

QUALCOMM’s gpsOne® position-location technology enables highly accurate, widely available position-location technology to be deployed on mobile devices.

The gpsOne solution is fully integrated into QUALCOMM chipset solutions to provide wireless device manufacturers with the ability to offer gpsOne without the need for additional hardware or software.

Key Functionality
  • Supports multiple modes of Assisted-GPS (A-GPS), which leverages GPS satellites and the cellular network for highly reliable positioning capabilities
  • Supports Standalone-GPS, which expands the availability of positioning capabilities to areas where cellular networks are not accessible
---------------------

Sorry to all you naysayers, but Ill stick with the techspecs and wait for functionality to be unlocked in the phone once sprint figures out how to charge us to use it. Yes Virginia, there is a GPS solution in the mogul.

--EDIT--
Almost forgot... http://www.cdmatech.com/download_lib...00_chipset.pdf Read Page 2, about halfway down. Under the position Location Based Services description it says "Simultaneous operation capabilities with CDMA2000 1X and CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rel. 0/EV-DO Rev. A"
That's right! Because whenever I make a call or recieve one, it'll be in 1X mode but then immediately after the call it'll go back to EV-DO.

As well, from a technical standpoint how hard would it be to put in 128 MB of RAM into our Moguls? (say, the RAM from the Touch)?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan