PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

cray54 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fast and Effective Shells on Titan (SPB vs. ThrottleLauncher vs. ?)

I have just begun experimenting with shells on my Titan. My primary concern is how to speed up ThrottleLauncher and if there are other specific (ideally free / donate) shells I should be trying.

SPB Mobile Shell: I was amazed at the performance. It is fast and intuitive. The default “Professional” layout packs a lot of useful information on the screen in a visually pleasing way. Customization is very easy and there are a variety of themes available.

Manila 2D: I tried Manila 2D to test the speed and it seemed comparable to MS 3.5 but I think MS 3.5 had an edge. I intend to avoid Manila 2D for memory reasons, but I’m still considering it.

I then decided to try ThrottleLauncher 1.0 RC3 as I would prefer to support freeware / donateware. There were many themes available, but they all seemed quite sluggish and customization was not nearly as easy. I have read many accounts of Throttle Launcher being fast and highly customizable. Are there ways to speed up ThrottleLauncher on the Titan (as compared to SPB 3.5)?

I have tested these on DCD 4.1.2 (WM 6.1 ROM) and several WM 6.5 ROMs. Results seems similar on the ROMs I’ve tried.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-31-2010, 04:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

emo08a is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Fast and Effective Shells on Titan (SPB vs. ThrottleLauncher vs. ?)

I will try some of these.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Fast and Effective Shells on Titan (SPB vs. ThrottleLauncher vs. ?)

I use WAD2. I think it is awesome! Been using it for a year or so. There are lots of free themes to download too!

Look at it here (there is a trial version) http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan