PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 03:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc6800
Carrier: cricket

eramirezus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Earpiece audio erratic after getting charging port fixed at repair shop

Phone info: >>

Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
CE OS 5.2.20748 (BUILD 20748.1.4.0)
Created by cricketpda - A product of PPCKitchen.org
<<

Oh no! I have a HTC 6800 flashed to Cricket that I purchaed on Ebay of April last year. My charging port (USB connection) had broke months ago but I couldn't afford it at the time.

I finally just got it fixed about 2 days ago at this place in my local city. I don't know what the guy did as I wasn't there; he told me to return in two hours.

He and his wife were Asian and spoke very little English but he said he could fix it. I took my cradle charger to test that the charging port worked before I left and it did.

The next day (yesterday), I noticed I got this bootloader screen with different colors and the word "serial" at the bottom. I just thought it was some glitch and I restarted the phone by holding down power and rebooting.

Today, when I make phone calls the audio is very erratic...sometimes no audio at all until 20 seconds into the call or sometimes I get audio right away and then it cuts off completely after about a few minutes. Also, when I do have audio and I'm talking to someone, I hear this very light "static-ky" noise in the background.

I have "already" done two hard resets, and I have used SPB Backup to revert back to my phone state from early January.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do!!! Being that's it's a flashed phone I don't know if I could get a HTC replacement or ask someone to reflash it and hope it helps.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by eramirezus; 01-24-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Earpiece audio erratic after getting charging port fixed at repair shop

I hope he guaranteed the work. I bet it would have been cheaper for you to buy a new phone
Old 03-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc6800
Carrier: cricket
Threadstarter

eramirezus is a n00b
Re: Earpiece audio erratic after getting charging port fixed at repair shop

GOOD NEWS!

The problem has been FIXED! And in a very unexpected way. Turns out the issue was a software one and not a hardware. Initially I thought it was the hardware.

I researched how to flash my own phone and finally did all the steps from the unlocking to the flashing etc.

I installed RyanMogul's ROM on my phone and voila! No more audio problems!!!

I just wanted to post in case anyone out there has problems like this.

Just install a different ROM on your phone but make sure you know what you're doing!!

Like I said, I used RyanMogul's ROM...you can check it out here>

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64438

Last edited by eramirezus; 03-10-2010 at 03:17 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan