PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i can't get sprint navigation to work!

so, i've added the sprint navigation package to my data plan, but it just won't work. everytime i try to launch sprint nav, it asks me to either pay for a day, or pay for a month. i've hard reset, i've reinstalled the ROM, i've reinstalled the cab, and it just won't go. sprint told me to buy the month package, but that goes to a credit card site on telenav, and i don't want to pay two bills...i've spent several hours of my time on the phone with sprint, and about half an hour on the phone with telenav csrs, and the only thing i get is more angry. the last woman i spoke with, a sprint representative, was so ignorant of anything/everything, i wanted to throw the phone. all she had to offer was that i purchase a garmin program.

bleh, any help that can be provided would be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

otacon72 is a n00b
Re: i can't get sprint navigation to work!

Is the only thing not working on your Mogul Sprint Nav? My guess is they didn't add the package right. When you start Sprint Nav, it verifies your account. If it's failing when it verfies then logic would dictate it's an issue with your Sprint account; I don't see how it could possibly be your phone. Maybe some other peeps on here might have some better insight.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO
Threadstarter

timothydonohue is just getting started

verification of account is what starts initially, then it gets shifted to the 'buy' screen. it is exactly as if the account is not established correctly
Old 03-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothydonohue View Post
so, i've added the sprint navigation package to my data plan, but it just won't work. everytime i try to launch sprint nav, it asks me to either pay for a day, or pay for a month. i've hard reset, i've reinstalled the ROM, i've reinstalled the cab, and it just won't go. sprint told me to buy the month package, but that goes to a credit card site on telenav, and i don't want to pay two bills...i've spent several hours of my time on the phone with sprint, and about half an hour on the phone with telenav csrs, and the only thing i get is more angry. the last woman i spoke with, a sprint representative, was so ignorant of anything/everything, i wanted to throw the phone. all she had to offer was that i purchase a garmin program.

bleh, any help that can be provided would be appreciated.
I'm havingthe exact same problem!! Sprint reps are soo ignorant to this!! Has someone found a solution? I paying for the unlimited plan and cant even use the sprint navigation feature. I GETTING MORE PISSED BY THE MINUTE.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 6800 htc pro tp2
Carrier: sprint

mdcnman6 is a n00b

i had the same problem...the tech supervisor told me i had to purchase the app..seperately from telenav...not true..my sister-inlaw had the same issue and advised me to change to the propack...i called back and changed to the propack vision plan..its 30$ it includes telenav mobitv unlimited txt web etc...shortly after telenav worked..have'nt had a problem since...if doesn't work at first attempt give it a few and try again...sprint reps are slow as well...hope i helped
Old 03-28-2008, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul

seeneed4speed is keeping up the good workseeneed4speed is keeping up the good workseeneed4speed is keeping up the good work

when addind the data plans that include telenav it can take up to 72 hours for the information to be updated at telenavs's servers to remove the prompt asking you to buy
Old 03-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

I had the same issue and mine started working approx. 24 hours after the service was turned on...so to speak.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift

BP-isMe is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: i can't get sprint navigation to work!

I had the same problem and finally got it fixed today...

Here's the story.

Mine worked for the trial period, then started asking for money. I have the Simply Unlimited plan that includes Sprint Navigation. I called Sprint and we determined that they had given me the wrong MDN when setting up the account long ago. I fixed the MDN and it still wouldn't get past the Navigation login issue.

We tried all the battery removal etc. stuff...no dice.

Finally got a call from the Telenav support person. After numerous calls it turned out to be very simple.

The preferences file in the "program files/telenav" directory held on to the original bad MDN number and kept causing the login error. The solution was to delete the preferences file. This fixed the problem immediately!

I saw posts mentioning that some people had their MDN get screwed up when upgrading. If you tried the Sprint Navigation before fixing the MDN, then your preferences file may need to be deleted.

Good Luck...Brad
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Xo0oM is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP-isMe View Post

The preferences file in the "program files/telenav" directory held on to the original bad MDN number and kept causing the login error. The solution was to delete the preferences file. This fixed the problem immediately!

Thank you so much! I have been trying to solve this problem for almost 2 weeks now and this solution finally worked.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:40 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i was using telenav before the Official ROM was released and i have never had anything happen about asking for payment or free trial. Maybe i got lucky.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan