PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon

sotssax is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Camera button not working at all

Hello geniuses (and I mean that in the most respectful and awe struck way),

I am new to flashing and kitchens and roms and cooked and so forth, but I have flashed a couple of times; mainly because my Alltel PPC 6800 kept freezing on me. I think I have developed a hardware problem though that I hope you guys can help me work around.

It seems that I have worn out the camera button with all the times I have entered the bootloader. Is there a way to work around the "power+camera+reset" method of entering the bootloader? I have a feeling if there was that people would use that instead of the traditional method but I thought I would give it a shot. Oh, and I am using dcd's 4.1.2 with a 3.37.2 radio. I'm actually trying to update to the 3.52.4 radio but I need a bootloader. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (stock)
Carrier: Sprint 0

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work
Re: Camera button not working at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotssax View Post
Hello geniuses (and I mean that in the most respectful and awe struck way),

I am new to flashing and kitchens and roms and cooked and so forth, but I have flashed a couple of times; mainly because my Alltel PPC 6800 kept freezing on me. I think I have developed a hardware problem though that I hope you guys can help me work around.

It seems that I have worn out the camera button with all the times I have entered the bootloader. Is there a way to work around the "power+camera+reset" method of entering the bootloader? I have a feeling if there was that people would use that instead of the traditional method but I thought I would give it a shot. Oh, and I am using dcd's 4.1.2 with a 3.37.2 radio. I'm actually trying to update to the 3.52.4 radio but I need a bootloader. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You could take it apart and see if it's just dirty/not touching properly. It's very easy to take apart, either with a small torx or a small flathead. If it doesn't work when you press it, maybe the button is broken and you could jumper accross it with a bit of wire. Or, if you have insurance, have the repair center fix that problem for you.

Last thing I can think of is that part of the ROM upgrade process puts it into bootloader, so perhaps you could get it to that point and instead of installing a ROM, do the radio upgrade.

That's what I would do if I couldn't find a better option. Hopefully you'll be able to get there.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

sotssax is a n00b

Okay... I am extremely proud of myself. I found a work around

1. I extracted all the files of dcd 4.1.2 exe file
2. copied the EnterBootloader.exe file to my sd card
3. unlocked the phone using nueSPL 2.47
3. copied the radio update I wanted over to the sd card (named it TITAIMG.nbh)
4. opened EnterBootloader.exe on my phone via SD card, which put the phone in bootloader.
5. rom started to update.
6. Success!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (stock)
Carrier: Sprint 0

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotssax View Post
Okay... I am extremely proud of myself. I found a work around

1. I extracted all the files of dcd 4.1.2 exe file
2. copied the EnterBootloader.exe file to my sd card
3. unlocked the phone using nueSPL 2.47
3. copied the radio update I wanted over to the sd card (named it TITAIMG.nbh)
4. opened EnterBootloader.exe on my phone via SD card, which put the phone in bootloader.
5. rom started to update.
6. Success!
You should be, good job with that! Plus, good instructions, I'm sure it will help others with similar problems.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan