PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
Question About AGPS and Mogul

If, and i mean if, the mogul does get agps, doesnt agps need the net inorder to work? if so doesnt that mean that if someone calls you or, something of that sort you wont have agps working.

i say this because my friend has the tilt, and all he uses is his agps, Butttt, at&t you can make calls and be on the net at the same time so it wont affect that.

so if we do get an update that enables agps, we cant use our phones just for the fact that we wont be able to get any sats on then.

J.w.

Thanks Much
B18DelSolT
Old 10-29-2007, 11:03 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Actually, doesn't AGPS use cell tower triangulation? (meaning, no data connection but cell conection)

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
If, and i mean if, the mogul does get agps, doesnt agps need the net inorder to work? if so doesnt that mean that if someone calls you or, something of that sort you wont have agps working.

i say this because my friend has the tilt, and all he uses is his agps, Butttt, at&t you can make calls and be on the net at the same time so it wont affect that.

so if we do get an update that enables agps, we cant use our phones just for the fact that we wont be able to get any sats on then.

J.w.

Thanks Much
B18DelSolT
the only reason you would need the net is to get something like maps, you just need a signal to get a location.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
sorry if that question seemed like i was tryinto stte something, didnt mean for it to cme out like that, was actually wondering how it worked. from what was posted between both, i dont need net access, just need to have phone on, so doesnt matter if im in call or just driving i should be fine? if so, thanks for clearing that up
Old 10-30-2007, 03:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

watson540 is a n00b
you ared mistaken..the titan HAS agps..its a law so when you call 911 they can zsee where you are at. so saying agps is misleading in you topic
Old 10-30-2007, 06:03 PM
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by watson540 View Post
you ared mistaken..the titan HAS agps..its a law so when you call 911 they can zsee where you are at. so saying agps is misleading in you topic
What do you mean? Seriously, I cannot make sense of this statement. What do you mean with 'saying AGPS is misleading on the topic'?

The OP is just asking about how AGPS works if it gets activated so that we can use it for navigation, etc. Nobody said anything about the Mogul having/not having AGPS.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: P400 (TITA100) from Telus QC
Carrier: Telus

alex_electro is a n00b
take a look at the ftp under codes and FCC a lot of explanation for no-believer in gps antenna, and all the stuff GpsOne info for person who wan't to know all aout the qualcomm 7500chip that use the same antenna for gps than the one for the phone BY MODULATING FREQUENCY i say that like this cause i was told by less knowing people that gps and cdma run with different frequencies range.... So i'll try to update soon a think that i miss some doc about qualcom chipset in my saved documents....
Old 10-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: P400 (TITA100) from Telus QC
Carrier: Telus

alex_electro is a n00b
I'm updating for now worth to explore to understand how it all work look in qualcomm you'll find all the explanation about the maining of Agps in the qualcomm technologies...
Old 10-31-2007, 05:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wink Sprint confirms that Mogul HAS gps

http://support.sprint.com/doc/sp1055...revPageIndex=6
Old 10-31-2007, 05:17 AM
The Enforcer

Link doesn't load for me. But I'm pretty sure they are referring to AGPS since it has already been determined that the Mogul does NOT have a GPS chip on it.

There's a thread with pictures of Mogul that was taken apart and examined.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan