PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: O2 Atom Life

observer365 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Certainly am looking for the progress of this...tried it on O2 Atom Life and it works but...like others said in a few posts above, a bit slow..anyway good luck...
Old 10-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Quote:
I know the buttons don't actually work yet but it looks they get selected even when gesturing. Will this cause the program/shortcut to be opened when gesturing?
The selection is just drawing. The only time they click (and can open the program/shortcut) is when its not detected to be a gesture. Gestures cancel out clicks.

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys, I will continue to work on this and work out the kinks.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KMyers is a n00b
Man, I got a flashback of Beryl on Ubuntu
Please Check your PM
Check it out for the latest Media Content

PPC 6700 (Sprint)
Old 10-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Okay, I did a LOT of work, mostly optimizing the animation and most of the work was backend improvements. If anyone wants to try it out, the animations should be a lot smoother. Slow load time is a known issue at this point as most of the startup-optimizations I made in the previous test versions were removed when I rewrote the affected code. I will be reoptimizing the startup time, so no need to report that.

Again, there is no actual functionality in this release, aside from the animation and core. You will only see buttons "select" when you press them on the launcher screen, the other screens do nothing.

Here's the new test version: http://misc.barfthedog.net/BAFCubeTest10.exe

[edit]
It would be especially helpful if non-Mogul users could test it as well. I'm curious to see if the flickering issues with the Apache went away. I made some code changes specifically targeting this issue, so I'd expect all flickering to be gone.

Last edited by Baffles; 10-29-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Okay, I did a LOT of work, mostly optimizing the animation and most of the work was backend improvements. If anyone wants to try it out, the animations should be a lot smoother. Slow load time is a known issue at this point as most of the startup-optimizations I made in the previous test versions were removed when I rewrote the affected code. I will be reoptimizing the startup time, so no need to report that.

Again, there is no actual functionality in this release, aside from the animation and core. You will only see buttons "select" when you press them on the launcher screen, the other screens do nothing.

Here's the new test version: http://misc.barfthedog.net/BAFCubeTest10.exe

[edit]
It would be especially helpful if non-Mogul users could test it as well. I'm curious to see if the flickering issues with the Apache went away. I made some code changes specifically targeting this issue, so I'd expect all flickering to be gone.
alot smoother and litle faster, an issues with rotation gone in 2 screens (Mutimedia and contacts) but still in the main screen (email task ect.) good improvement keep em coming.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

Which issue are you referring to? The buttons "selecting" (they won't actually click, just select) or a flicker?
Old 10-30-2007, 12:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Just tried the new version.

1. Rotation is better but I think a little faster still would be even better.
2. Flash problem is gone.
3. Are you planning text next to the music, photo and video icons? If not I think centering them would be a good idea.

Good improvements.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 10-30-2007, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck
Quote:
Which issue are you referring to? The buttons "selecting" (they won't actually click, just select) or a flicker?
yes when you try to rotate in multimedia screen it works great you wont see no flickering (white selected button) Edit: I just found out that you dont have the pressed button in that screen that why it doesnt flicker but in the main screen where you have the pressed buttons when you rotate, it flicker selecting the button where your stylos or finger is pointing to.

when you slide, it shouldnt select the button, I think you need to have to options in your script slide and press, when you slide it should ignore the pressed buttons, when you press then it should activate the pressed buttons.

Last edited by poorlyduck; 10-30-2007 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Are you planning text next to the music, photo and video icons? If not I think centering them would be a good idea.
Yes, just like the original HTC Cube.

Quote:
yes when you try to rotate in multimedia screen it works great you wont see no flickering (white selected button) Edit: I just found out that you dont have the pressed button in that screen that why it doesnt flicker but in the main screen where you have the pressed buttons when you rotate, it flicker selecting the button where your stylos or finger is pointing to.

when you slide, it shouldnt select the button, I think you need to have to options in your script slide and press, when you slide it should ignore the pressed buttons, when you press then it should activate the pressed buttons.
It's not a flicker, the button changes to the selected button when you are pushing on it. The only problem with what you are suggesting is detecting if it's a click or a slide before updating the screen. Unless you just want it to show the white button after you let go of the screen. That would be easy to do.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: O2 Atom Life

observer365 is a n00b
Quote:
Yes, just like the original HTC Cube.

It's not a flicker, the button changes to the selected button when you are pushing on it. The only problem with what you are suggesting is detecting if it's a click or a slide before updating the screen. Unless you just want it to show the white button after you let go of the screen. That would be easy to do.
To tell you the truth, I kind of like the way it is right now because when I slide my finger I know that its going to go to the other page rather than guessing whether its going to slide or accidently pressed the button there is...Good Job Baffles, anxiously waiting for the next step...trying the real button to work..

Last edited by observer365; 10-30-2007 at 01:33 AM. Reason: missing word

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan