PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:35 PM
N00b

51Cards is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tytn II Phone app on my P4000/etc.

Hello all, well very new to the forum and PPC Phones in general. Just got a Telus P4000 a few days ago and already up to my eyes in hacks, app installs, etc. and having a blast.

One question...

On reading articles lately on the TyTn II I noticed their phone application seems to be nicer version that the one on the P4000. The buttons are less cramped and overall it seems it would be easier to use. I find the buttons on the P4000 to be somewhat small and I have mis-dialed already many times.

Is it possible to copy the TyTn II Phone application to my P4000? Has this been done?

Thanks in advance and I have had a blast roaming around the forums. I look forward to a lot more time spent here in the future.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:29 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
It's not really called Phone app, more like Dialer or Dialer skin. I have not seen the one from the TyTN II, and I don't believe it has been extracted yet since the device was released recently.

A very popular one is the one extracted from the HTC Touch. You can find it by seraching this forum. If you do, make sure you use the one posted by Paul_Hammons as it was designed to work with the Mogul.

You need to be careful when installing dialers since they can break many functionalities on your phone, including, but not limited to, 911 functionality.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

51Cards is a n00b
Thanks for your reply... that is exactly the same one used on the TyTN II. I have just installed it and it's working brilliantly. Completely transforms my opinion of the phone capabilities of this device. Thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan