PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172
card reader on Mogul (linux support?)

Is there any WM6 (that is, specifically Mogul) programs that will treat the phone as a card reader so that I could use it with linux? I tried the most recent version of WM5torage, and it started to work, in that when i plugged it in the computer started charging it rather than dismissing it, but the card didnt show up as a device as it should. Anything out there that works?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy0172 View Post
Is there any WM6 (that is, specifically Mogul) programs that will treat the phone as a card reader so that I could use it with linux? I tried the most recent version of WM5torage, and it started to work, in that when i plugged it in the computer started charging it rather than dismissing it, but the card didnt show up as a device as it should. Anything out there that works?
Unfortunately for you (and many of us), they rewrote much of the file caching to make the read/write access of the card more efficient in the more recent WM6-compatible devices... The advantage is that even slower microSD cards perform well for regular tasks. The PROBLEM with that is the older apps that let the card act as a pass-through (like WM5torage) can't deal with this new caching scheme, and usually outright fail.

This has been true since devices were announced to be WM6-upgradeable, such as the Dash from T-mobile. Sadly, no one's found a way around this yet as far as i know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan