PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: bb9700
Carrier: tmo

deltaecho is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question New Offical Sprint Rom Update on Oct 31?

For the past few days I've been trying to resolve my PPC-6800 1x lockup issues (specifics detailed here http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...a-hopping.html ) with the Sprint Data Techs. In effort to resolve the issue they've had me perform factory restores and updated my PRL, of which neither of them fixed the issue. Today I called back to expressed my dissatisfaction with the phone and the networks problems. After speaking for a while, the Rep said that Sprint is releasing a *NEW ROM UPDATE on 10/31/2007*. He did not state what it would fix, nor did he acknowledge that this release was in response to the issues we are having with the current Rom. I'm not sure if he was just trying to appease me or if he was being truthful.

Has anyone else heard of this Rom update yet?

Last edited by deltaecho; 10-28-2007 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Clarify this is refering to an official update from Sprint
Old 10-28-2007, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
wow, another one. just release the kitchen and we'll do our own rom updates.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
wow, another one. just release the kitchen and we'll do our own rom updates.
With a little help from Alltel too!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 10-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I hope you all realize that it's not "just release a kitchen" and you do your own updates. The major OS fixes all are done to make a stable base before a good kitchen is released. From there the user updates are mostly just app installs that are built in along with some tweaks and personal settings. At this point that is a big factor in why a kitchen isn't out for this device yet. There is no combination of OS updates that make a truly stable device
Old 10-28-2007, 05:16 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Ohh great another rumor

I'll be happy if Sprint released another ROM update on Wednesday to fix all these new issues, but that would mean that Sprint is listening to their customers and put their asses in gear to fix the issues ASAP.

I know you can never say never, however, I seriously doubt that one will be out so soon after 2.16's release.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
That would be pretty quick... I would be surprised to see it that soon. Im thinking it some kind of miscommunication. The ROM has not officially been put up by Sprint yet on their site so perhaps this is what he means.

Last edited by Alpine-; 10-28-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: w
Carrier: f

jph8tr is a n00b
Boy, I can't wait for Halloween so I can d/l the new ROM.....and then wait a week or so to see if it hoses the phone before I even think about flashing it.

Fool me once......
Old 10-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by jph8tr View Post
Boy, I can't wait for Halloween so I can d/l the new ROM.....and then wait a week or so to see if it hoses the phone before I even think about flashing it.

Fool me once......
I still havent flashed mine. I actually got busy and didnt have time and then the next day I saw all these posts complaining of problems so I decided to wait it out. Turned out to be the right idea. I still might go ahead and flash it just to see. I am curious as to how many can have such issues and other members (also reputable people) claim to have zero issues. Im curious to "test" it and I will report back what I find. I may not get around to it before the 31st though.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work
THEY MEAN THAT SPRINT WILL UPDATE THEIR SITE WITH THE ROM THAT IS ALREADY POSTED ON HTC's WEB SITE. Sprint has yet to update their site!

Nothing new! Move along people.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: bb9700
Carrier: tmo
Threadstarter

deltaecho is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
I still havent flashed mine. I actually got busy and didnt have time and then the next day I saw all these posts complaining of problems so I decided to wait it out. Turned out to be the right idea. I still might go ahead and flash it just to see. I am curious as to how many can have such issues and other members (also reputable people) claim to have zero issues. Im curious to "test" it and I will report back what I find. I may not get around to it before the 31st though.
For the 1x lockup issues, In my instance I believe is due to the fact that I live in a area where the Sprint coverage is weak and Verizon coverage is strong. Prior to this update, I'd see the phone switch between roaming and sprint every 5 minutes or so. Now, it switches to 1x then locks up. I work in town where the sprint coverage is strong. While at work I have zero lockup issues.....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan