PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

alabij is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Questions about Sprint Music Store

1) Where are the files stored?

2) What are the file formats and bit rates

3) When you buy a song it says you can also get it online. I've tried and all I get is the software store in the digital lounge.

4) Can I play other songs in the store and can I play the songs in ie. WMP or TCPMP etc

5) Is there any reg hack to increase the font just a bit?

I've been using my Jabra BT620 stereo headsets to listen to WMA audio at 192 VBR for over a year on my PPC. Today I went to bestbuy and bough some $40 in-ear headphones from BB. When I listened to my music with this headphones I was blown away. Geeez! BT Quality really sucks. It's like ignorance is bliss. All this while I thought my music sounded great. By the way the reason I went to the standard in ear headphones was because after the new ROM update the BT kept shutting off.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

msbullock is just getting started
1.) The files are stored on the memory card in Music folder

2.)The file is saved as a .koz file, As of now, all I've found to play it is the Sprint Music Store. They should all be 128kb/s files.

3.)Its most likely still the .koz file type, and it appears to be DMR protected, so you most likely need their player and then download the songs once you log in. I don't know I haven't tried.

4.)I've been playing my music in the Sprint Music Store just fine, but I stored my music in the same Music folder. I am not able to play it in TCPMP or WMP

5.)Haven't seen one, the player is a java app, not a ppc app, I don't know that it stores data in the registry that has to do with editing anything about the player, I could be wrong though.

Ditto on the BT audio quality. For me I bought the motorola s9's and thought that it was just the headphones, but I tried a few of them out there and found some cheapies for a round 40 that sound the same. It's definitely not for the music buffs out there. Its great if hate the wires in your way, and your listening to cruddy headphones anyway.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

sprint_2007 is just getting started
I know where they're at!

Well I havent seen them in the Memory card, but if you FIRST play the song whether its a Preview Clip or the Full length song, then go to Start>>> Programs>> File Search>> My device>>> Volatile. It should be somewhere down towards the bottom and say something like "DC045" Just copy and paste it to your Ringtones, My Device etc and from there you can play them on the Windows Media Player! Hope this helps, lemme know if it works
Old 10-27-2007, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Supersonic" Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint WiMAX 4G

richardrk is becoming a great contributor
Smile

Can anybody post the sprint music store files. Id like to see if itll run on my apache.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

alabij is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbullock View Post
1.) The files are stored on the memory card in Music folder

Ditto on the BT audio quality. For me I bought the motorola s9's and thought that it was just the headphones, but I tried a few of them out there and found some cheapies for a round 40 that sound the same. It's definitely not for the music buffs out there. Its great if hate the wires in your way, and your listening to cruddy headphones anyway.
Thanks for the info
Old 10-27-2007, 10:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond/Victor

slightlyevolved is a n00b
Music store files are .koz. Which is a DRM file for AAC -HC files. The advanced brother of bog-standard .mp4 such as the iPod plays.

The music store files clock in at about 1.5MB/song. That should put them at about 56kbps files, however, with aac-hc, that's only slightly lower sound quality than a 128k aac file. Quite a remarkable format, aac-hc is.

Downloading the from the DigitalLounge gets you a 128kbps WMA-DRM file for your desktop Windows Media Player. Not sure where you get those since the site was redone. I've had this Apache too long now...

I really do want to get that program working on my Apache; i liked it a lot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan