PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 08:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Family Locator app?

Is there an app I can install that works like the Sprint family locator? I'd like to keep tabs on where my kids are without paying Sprint $15 per month each.

Anyone know of a Windows Mobile app that will allow me use the built in GPS and allow me to see their location?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Fuzzy Wuzzy is becoming a great contributor
Re: Family Locator app?

Well, what I have used is Vito FindMe; basically you text the phone, the phone texts back with the gps coordinates.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

HobbesIsReal is keeping up the good workHobbesIsReal is keeping up the good work

Navizon has a feature called Buddy Tracker where you can create groups and see where everyone is on a map that is in your group.

This is how you would set up your free account where you can earn points to get this app for free:
1) Go here to set up your free account. Remember what your login name and password are.
2) On your handheld, open IE and go to "www.navizon.com" . It opens up the PDA optimized site. Click on the link named Download. This will install it directly to your phone.
3) Log into Navizon on your handheld with the login name and password you you just created.
Otherwise you just follow the same steps above and then upgrade and pay $24 one time fee. I think only the phone that you want track on needs to have the $24 software on it while all the others just need the free version.

Blog | Reviews | Forums

Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 03-22-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour/ Treo Pro

integra144 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
Navizon has a feature called Buddy Tracker where you can create groups and see where everyone is on a map that is in your group.

This is how you would set up your free account where you can earn points to get this app for free:
1) Go here to set up your free account. Remember what your login name and password are.
2) On your handheld, open IE and go to "www.navizon.com" . It opens up the PDA optimized site. Click on the link named Download. This will install it directly to your phone.
3) Log into Navizon on your handheld with the login name and password you you just created.
Otherwise you just follow the same steps above and then upgrade and pay $24 one time fee. I think only the phone that you want track on needs to have the $24 software on it while all the others just need the free version.
but it cant track you live does anyone know of a program that can do it live?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:14 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Are these apps stealth? I don't want my kids to know when I am tracking them. I want to just be able to discretely look up where they are. If I tell them I know they were at such and such place, I don't want them to know I used their phones to find out.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T-mobile Wing (HTC Herald)
Carrier: T-mobile

duprade is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to duprade Send a message via AIM to duprade Send a message via MSN to duprade Send a message via Yahoo to duprade Send a message via Skype™ to duprade

if u really want to stalk them ... use something called flexspy

but may this will help

Senstic Private Tracker Pro v1.0 Beta
Requirements: Windows All + Vista, WM5, WM6
Overview: Private Tracker Pro is a mobile tracking tool that runs on Windows Mobile-based PDAs and Smartphones. Private Tracker Pro tracks the user`s current location and logs the locations that the user has visited into a hidden log file. Best of all, Private Tracker Pro runs in a discrete manner, and the user is not aware that his or her whereabouts are tracked.

Features
* Location tracking without need of GPS.
* 99% indoor availability and 10-20m accuracy.
* Runs discretely and continuously.
* No user interaction needed.
* Configurable log duration and frequency.
* Location display using Google Maps.
* Export the location result to CSV for Excel.
* Works with all Windows Mobile-based PDAs and Smartphones

David

Last edited by duprade; 03-22-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

a link would be good...
Old 03-22-2008, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

DaveAz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
a link would be good...

google.com

http://www.tool32.com/internet/secur...pro_68367.html
Old 03-22-2008, 10:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

That looks like it might be what I need. It says it uses Wifi though, so i don;t know if it uses the Sprint network or not.

Also, do you think I would need to get their phones and export a file to get the location history, or could I log into a web site or something and get the location in real time (without physically exporting a file from their phones)?
Old 03-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

tyante is a n00b

There is a program called Sprite Terminator I recently heard about. It is $15 and runs in stealth mode. To get a gps from a phone it is pretty easy. You just send a text to the phone and get one in return with the lat and long along with a link that will display on google maps or google earth.

http://www.spritesoftware.com/store/...roducts_id=195

You just text:
Quote:
spritecmd <password> gps
The phone Sprite Terminator runs on does not see the text or see that they return a text. There are other commands like to lock/unlock the phone or retrieve the call logs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan