PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Lowie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
couldn't be any stupider.... no flames please, i'm skeered

ok, i'm a total idiot. i have a brand new mogul, brand new PC at home running Vista. All I want to do is sync it to my computer and according to the users guide, all i should have to do is plug it in, and NOT use the CD.

well, it's not working.... can anyone help a sista out?

TIA, Lori
Old 10-25-2007, 03:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
what you have to do is search google for windows mobile device center download that and you will be straight....any more questions feel free to ask.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

Lowie is a n00b
ok, it's installed on the computer, i can only find it in the control panel.. it won't open though..... grrrr, this makes me crazy!

oh, and how come when i open the comm manager, the data connections are disconnected and how do i reconnect it?
Old 10-25-2007, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP

weakkneed is just getting started
You will need Outlook installed

You will have to have a recent version of outlook installed to fully sync with Vista. Even though Windows Mail is adequate, MS has made sure you will have to buy their program to utilize your phone. Either use the trial Outlook2007 or an existing recent version of Outlook. Windows Mobile device center is not the same as the Windows sync that is installed with Vista, by the way. I'm sure you already realize that but thought I would mention it. When properly installed, Win. Mobile Device Center will put a shortcut on your desktop and should be easy to find. Syncing will be automated after running the wizard that should pop-up the first time you connect(if I remember correctly.) Good luck and I hope this helps.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Its ok, take a deep breath :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowie View Post
ok, it's installed on the computer, i can only find it in the control panel.. it won't open though..... grrrr, this makes me crazy!

oh, and how come when i open the comm manager, the data connections are disconnected and how do i reconnect it?
Its ok, lets start from the beginning.

Make sure you have installed WMDC (Windows Mobile Device Center) 6.1 available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Once installed it will not open until you plug in your Handset USB for the first time. when plugging in it may take upto a minute for your computer to recognize the device and start the install process. WMDC will have a license pop up, accept it and then WMDC will open and discover your device.

There have been recent Driver updates for the USB. Be sure to run Windows Update after you have set it up.

**Keep in mind your handset is a USB device and therefore needs to be "Safely Removed" prior to disconnect**

Should you have additional troubleshooting issues see this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10225

feel free to PM me if you need "extra" help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan