PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
removing the 1.20-olipro... warranty issues?

i was just woundering... is there any way to remove the 1.20-olipro once we run the unlocker?

i noticed even when i flashed my mogul with the sprint ROM update i saw this 1.20 olipro at boot screen. wouldn't sprint service and repair see this and void warranty issues. i am not needing any repair right now, but i do have the TEP plan and will want to use it if i need to.

i have read alot and never seen this discussed.

thanks, cody
Old 10-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
i have it installed and it dosn't show up on my boot screen, only on bootloader mode, and of the sprint techs are retarted, they won't even know what that is, they will think its standard on there.

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 10-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
it has been discussed in the hard spl thread. The unlocker has a feature where it doesn't allow itself to be overwritten so that it doesnt need to be unlocked after every rom install. Olipro has mentioned a new version that should allow a special way to revert back though. As of now you would need to use a soft SPL to do the overwriting which isn't recommended. In general no techs will notice this bootloader unless maybe it was stuck on that screen. If you are "stuck" at the bootloader screen in the first place chances are you aren't really bricked either.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
well like i said i have no problems right now. i just know that sometimes when you go in for service all thay do is hard reset or flash rom back on it.

there are two techs in the same store who i was talking with last year. i was having problems with my treo 700wx. they asked me if i have done any reg edits. i played dumb and said "no". thay both started telling me about the forums and what not. and thay both were doing reg edits, and custom roms. they even told me about xda-developers, pda phonehome, hofo, ppcgeeks, ect.

some of those guys aren't as bad as everyone thinks thay are.

anyhow, it's no big deal. i was just woundering.

thanks, cody
Old 10-26-2007, 05:52 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Yeah but the ones who know about it won't say crap about you doing it if they're doing it too.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Retired Staff

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Newer version of unlocker will have a way to return to a stock BL with a special update file. It should be out soon (see sig)
Old 10-26-2007, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

sweet. thanks all who work on this stuff.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pro

Thesian is a n00b
I'm not aware of any Sprint Techs in Milwaukee that would know what that was except for me, and I wouldn't care... soooo...

I can't speak for the rest of the Nation, but I wouldn't worry.

Some of us have been told NOT to void service because of third party Apps / Roms...

In fact, a few DHRPs I gave how "Somehow" ended up with Kirvins Clean "No Junk" ROM for the 6700... hmmmm... how did that happen... *looks away*
No, I'm sure it does that all the time... Can you duplicate it for me? No? Its intermittent? Oh, so it doesn't do that all the time. Oh, just most of the time? But I need to duplicate the problem to find the problem... oh... Why should I be able to fix a phone I can't tell is broken? (Conversation with a Sprint customer)
Old 10-26-2007, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

HybriDSM is a n00b
smash the screen out with a hammer. no evidence, no crime, new phone.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Retired Staff

I sure hope nobody takes that seriously

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan