PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NEW SPRINT ROM + DCD's ROM?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10377)

dishe 10-24-2007 06:39 PM

NEW SPRINT ROM + DCD's ROM??

Ok, maybe its just me, but I tried the new Sprint ROM for a bit to get the new Radio ROM, then installed one of DCD's custom roms on top of it since it doesn't touch the Radio part.

Guess what... my phone is TOTALLY UNSTABLE now. Its frozen every single time I pull it out, and needs a soft reset. When in a roaming area, it seems to be even worse... the device will freeze upon soft reset booting!

Anyone else try to install a custom ROM over the new Sprint release? I wonder if its just me or any rom based on the older releases... some kind of incompatibility with the radio or something?

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY 10-24-2007 06:58 PM

i am running colonels rom with the 1.47 radio. i didn't even see that until you posted this thread. i didn't have any problems but i did have to soft reset during school today and when i left the battery was at 30% not the normal 70%. it was weird but i think it was because palringo kept trying to connect. if it happens again tomorrow ill have to fix it. flash to the oct 21st rom and if i have to change the radio. but the rest of the day after school the phone worked fine.

dcd 10-24-2007 07:01 PM

i flashed titan_1.47_radio (in my dir) and i run my own rom with no issues.
are you sure you didnt have additional software installed that caused it

dishe 10-24-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcd (Post 106313)
i flashed titan_1.47_radio (in my dir) and i run my own rom with no issues.
are you sure you didnt have additional software installed that caused it

Just did a hard reset, and I'm going to try another version of your custom ROM just to see.

It was ok last night, but I didn't notice how bad it was until I was in my office (roaming). Earlier today I just noticed that after using bluetooth, the device needed to be soft reset to wake up (which is a common problem with the alltel roms as well). But this is something new... you might have to go to a fringe reception location to notice it.

dcd 10-24-2007 08:03 PM

diishe is right its the radio. can we merge this to the other thread?

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY 10-24-2007 09:49 PM

yea col's oct 1oth rom is causing me problems to with the 1.47 rom so im flashing dcd's new rom. and going to downgrade the radio.

thanks for your work on the rom dcd.

jesusismyfence 10-28-2007 05:23 AM

hey everybody, i am new to this site. i have been looking at dcd's work, but i cant find where to locate the custom rom's. I have installed the 2.16 that was released. now i am looking to install something for mms. dcd you get great ravings, i would love to test your work. just cant locate where to test it, please HELP ME. im new to this tread stuff... so i dont know what you have done for the mogul but i would like to put my baby in the game.

jtrag 10-28-2007 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesusismyfence (Post 108710)
hey everybody, i am new to this site. i have been looking at dcd's work, but i cant find where to locate the custom rom's. I have installed the 2.16 that was released. now i am looking to install something for mms. dcd you get great ravings, i would love to test your work. just cant locate where to test it, please HELP ME. im new to this tread stuff... so i dont know what you have done for the mogul but i would like to put my baby in the game.

READ/SEARCH THE FORUMS. If you would read the sticky threads at the top of the Titan forum, you wouldn't be asking this question right now. Another thing you could do from here is join in the chat room.

steps 10-28-2007 12:47 PM

I'm using dcd ROM w/ 1.47 radio had I haven't had problems

dcd 10-28-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steps (Post 108867)
I'm using dcd ROM w/ 1.47 radio had I haven't had problems

really??
do you have evdo?