PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 12:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Tonedabone2196 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Leaving WinMo for HERO (android)

I love windows mobile, I really do. Thing is, Microsoft has sat on their hands for far too long. The selection of phones is ever evolving, but the software that runs on the phone is as stale as yesterdays pumpernickel. I would love for the folks at MS to come out with something to top Andriod, I'd be back in a NY minute! So far though, I have been very unimpressed with WinMo 6.5. Marketplace is ....just terrible. It could and should be so much more. I say again, I would LOVE for MS to throw a few punches and get back in the game, for now though, I am really enjoying the HERO. I know it's cliche', but I had to drop the zero, and get with the HERO. Hoping for better things to come with WinMo7.
Good night, and good luck.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Mogul: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint:PPC6800)

The Hero and Moment are both very appealing. Waiting for end of year bonus to get one.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

murani is a n00b
Re: Leaving WinMo for HERO (android)

I have friends with both the Hero and Moment and they both love their phones respectively. Having just loaded WM6.5 custom ROM there is a noticeable improvement in speed and customization. This upgrade has given my Mogul a much needed jolt in the arm as I haggle with Sprint to drop the price on the TP2.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul

seeneed4speed is keeping up the good workseeneed4speed is keeping up the good workseeneed4speed is keeping up the good work

the vibrate was too weak on the hero for me, I'm holding out for HTC android device with a qwerty
Old 01-11-2010, 07:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

outlaw.99 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to outlaw.99

The ability to sync to Outlook without extra software is what holds me to WinMo....Does Droid do that?? Im sure the iPhone does since my iPod Touch can....
Old 01-11-2010, 07:48 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yep, you can sync it with Outlook. Can also sync with an Exchange server for push functionality.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

outlaw.99 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to outlaw.99

I didnt know that..And it does this directly with no in-the-middle software??..

I may have to look closer at the Motorola one when the prices come down a bit...Unless HTC has a Verizon model with the keyboard of course.... I held a friends Motorola Droid and it was a nice combo of size and weight for a PPC, and I liked the keyboard....
Old 01-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

me32 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by murani View Post
I have friends with both the Hero and Moment and they both love their phones respectively. Having just loaded WM6.5 custom ROM there is a noticeable improvement in speed and customization. This upgrade has given my Mogul a much needed jolt in the arm as I haggle with Sprint to drop the price on the TP2.
does 6.5 work faster than 6.1 on the HTC Mogul PPC-6800. also im liking the TP2 too. but they want way too much money
Old 01-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: MetroPCS

pmerritt is a n00b

I think i'm gonna stick with windows mobile, i can't lie......i love it!!!!!! a lot of people prob disagree with me but i like being able to toy with my OS as i see fit and the other OS's don't actually do anything windows mobile can't. I actually like 6.5.3 and if i tire of the SPB Mobile shell is awesome. I REALLY want a HD2.....i'd be in heaven with it's huge screen and 1ghz processor and all that lovely ram.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yeah, HD2 would be great, but they don't offer it on the Sprint network ....for now. Like I said in original post, I love WinMo, but they need to step it up a notch. I was a loyal customer for a LONG time, but I'm loving this HERO. Waiting to see what lil goodies will be available in the 2.1 android update. I dont want to take anything away from WinMo, ..except of course my business heh, but I like WinMo, they just need to wake up and smell the JAVA.I think they will surprise everyone with ver 7 ....or at least hope they will. If not, I predict they will become the beta-max of cell phones. Thats just my opinion. You guys will have your own, and thats they way its supposed to be.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan