PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
How to delete an e-mail account that's not visible?

I just updated to the new ROM and used SPB Backup to restore some of my old stuff. I had it restore the e-mail, but now I've got a problem. The Messaging Today plug-in shows my two old e-mail accounts, but when I tap on them they don't show up (it just takes me to messaging, which includes only Outlook). When I go manage the accounts they're not there either. But if I try to add them back in and keep the same name (which I'd like to do), it tells me an account already exists with that name.

I'm going to keep digging around and will probably find it eventually, but can anyone tell me quicker how to delete the old entries so I can re-add them?

I especially want to delete the Gmail one now that Gmail's adding IMAP support.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
You should not restore a backup over a newer rom as it will overwrite system files and registry settings.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
I didn't restore the entire backup, only specific files, and made a point of unchecking options such as registry settings. As an experiment, though, I restored the e-mail, as well, and that's where my problem lays.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan