PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamnon
Carrier: Alltel

LukeB777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slow 6800

So I have had my Alltel 6800 for about 2-3 weeks now and love it. I only have Pocket CM, The youtube downloads, and the MusicID download.
I watched a few videos of people add-ons on you tube and there 6800s seem to run applications pretty smooth and efficently. My 6800 on the other hand is slow as dirt. I go to memory all the time and close out running programs. I have to soft reset a couple times a day because it basically freezes up on me. Is there any programs I need to download to speed it up or is there something wrong with the guts of the thing?

Thanks for all the help and must add that this site is very addicting!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well "slow" is kind of relative, what you might think is "slow" may be normal, or maybe not.

Do some searches for "memory" issues,.

I'm not sure if the Alltel comes with X-button, but if not get v1.5 or 1.51, it is a program that actually closes programs down completely instead of just minimizing them and keeping them running in the background affecting speed.

Get OXIOS Hibernate, it is a memory reclaimer and works great, also there is a speed hack if you look in the registry edit section #6
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5108
but it has mixxed reviews as to it helping or even slowing it down.

There is also another reg edit I used from the 6700 days (GLYPHCACHE), look in this thread
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10107

Of course sometimes there are just lemons in the big 6800 pool and maybe you need a different one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan