PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

utexascg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Some help...

OK, i have a small problem. I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable about the titan and have been successfully making custom roms for it for several weeks now.... I do not consider myself knowledgeable about the lcd touchscreen display the phone is equipped with or lcd displays at all....

Basically, i have a 5 year old son who loves to "be like his dad". Being the technology savvy person i am, i'm always buying the newest & best electronics on the market. For example, my son (who again is only five) has a PS3, a Wii, a 52" plasma tv with a custom built computer that is hooked up to it by HMDI to allow him to use it as his monitor for his computer in addition to playing his Wii and PS3. So, given that he has all of these item, he's learned to be extremely careful and make sure he takes care of things.

Well, last night while i was outside, my son and my wife were was playing with my Mogul and looking through the pictures i had placed on it in a slideshow with tene's imageviewer. During this time they managed to get sticky residue on the phone from a Popsicle one of them was eating. My wife, who knows how I am about my things, attempted to clean the screen with windex. Well, it appears that the windex happened to seap down into the phone and now i have a prism effect on the screen.

My questions are this:
1. Does anyone have directions on how to disassemble the mogul.
2. Does anyone know if/how this can be cleaned and repaired.
3. Can anyone provide insight as to how LCD screens work, etc... I believe i remember someone saying that there are two parts to the screen. The imaging unit and then the backlight. If this is correct, is it possible that the liquid simply got between these two layers? If so, how easy could it be fixed?

Thanks for your help and support!

Thanks
UTCG

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan