PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to evilecho
Having Issues with my Mogul Time For A New One?

As of last i have been having my issues with my sprint 6800. i have been getting a lot of drops calls. It some situations my phone does not ring but a missed call will appear out of no where, and in some situations i have friends say they have been coming my for quite some time why haven't been picking, yet nothing is ringing on my part.

It this happening to anyone else.... is it the network or my phone...If its my phone, i just started the process to get a replacement....

I called tech suppose for the usually... but mainly so i would get a support ticket open. later on my going my call about wifi and blue tooth not working, or sometimes working and sometimes not.... then I'm going to call who ever the insurance company is and try to get them to replace the phone w/out a $50 deductible.... Hopefully sprint hasn't gotten smart to this and i'll be about to get a replacement for free....
[1x Sprint Touch Diamond][4x Sprint Touch Pro]
[1x Sprint Touch Pro 2]
Only phone ever paid for out of pocket... My first VM4500.....
Now I'm a Sprint Customer for Life!!!!!

Old 09-27-2007, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>Mogul>Touch>Blackberry>Diamond>Touch Pro

MannyPR is becoming a great contributor
Assurion won't do the replacement for free regardless of how many notes you have, trust me on this. If you want a free replacement you need to walk in a store and have a tech certify the issues once they are able to duplicate it or deem it defective thru their diagnostics. Trouble ticket helps the store tech but is not the only info weighted in. There are a few Sprint tech that read the boards so they might be able to provide more info. The other option is retentions but your replacement might be attached to a 2 year extension if done thru them.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jfol01 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to jfol01 Send a message via Yahoo to jfol01
I have noticed that if my mogul gets down to about 30 percent it starts doing this some - not waking the phone up if someone calls or sends me a text message. I won't know anything about it until I manually wake it up then it tells me that I have a missed call or whatever. It does this periodically at 30 percent and seems to do it more and more the lower my batt power gets. But as long as I keep it at 40 percent or higher, it works fine. Not sure whats going on there, but it usually takes just about all day to get down to 40 percent so I guess it's ok. I love the phone though, so I'll probably just buy an extra battery to have in case the power drops too low.
Jay
Old 09-29-2007, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint Sero

brianb is a n00b
luckily, I have not experienced any of these issues..I do notice that my mogul tends to ring a shorter amount of time on incoming calls than my older phone, but according to threads around the net (including here), it seems to be a general problem with the mogul poling interval and easily rectified via a registry tweak.

I'd definately bring the phone in to a sprint store and have them check it out..
Old 10-14-2007, 02:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

kitto is a n00b
I've been having the same problem with my mogul. Sometimes my phone wont receive any calls or text messages. I would have to manually wake the phone up and it would ring for about 2 seconds, showing the last incoming call. I called sprint and they told me to perform a hard reset on the phone, which i did. After two days i re-installed the youtube/flash package. and the next day i was having the same problem again. I did another hard reset three days ago and i havent had any problems yet with the phone. Note that i havent installed any hacks or anything on my phone. Sprint said that if i keep having this problem i should take it to their repair center to see whats wrong.
Is anybody else having this problem?? could the youtube hack be the cause of this??
Old 10-14-2007, 03:04 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianb View Post
luckily, I have not experienced any of these issues..I do notice that my mogul tends to ring a shorter amount of time on incoming calls than my older phone, but according to threads around the net (including here), it seems to be a general problem with the mogul poling interval and easily rectified via a registry tweak.
I haven't experienced any of these issues either...

However, the tower polling is a ##778# hack, not a registry entry. If you aren't careful in there, you'll have to master reset your phone (completely wipe it) and then reactivate it using ##yourmsl# to get it working again.

Also, if you're using an MP3 ringtone, make sure its stored on the phone and not the microSD card as this will significantly shorten the ring time.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sandiegodude is just getting started
Dude,
I was you with my 6700. I returned it, got a new one, and then started to "fix" it.

it BECAME the best, most stable, and responsive pdaphone ever.

with more functionality than the iphone (except youtube)

the mogul is still nacent. hold tight for one more month.
custom roms with built in reg tweaks are on the way.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

kitto is a n00b
A week ago I took my phone to the repair center and they saw what the phone was doing. Of course they did a hard reset, but of course today the problem returned and i accidentally did a soft reset, which usually fixes this issue for a couple of days. So i took the phone back to the repair center and they told me that they need to see the phone when the problem occurs. So now i have to wait until it the problem reoccurs, which i know its only a matter of days. Did i mention that i dont have insurance but i dont think that its fair that they sold me a defective phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan