PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question sprint customizations as cab file?

Since we had no update today I think I am going to bite the bullet and install the alltel rom...

my question is does anyone have the sprint customizations as a cab file? Including JAVA please or a seperate cab for java and another for the other sprint customizations...

I want to install the alltel rom bypassing the alltel customizations and have all of the sprint stuff on there (including java), but I don't want all the other apps of colonel's rom etc....

Last edited by holo; 10-22-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
Since we had no update today I think I am going to bite the bullet and install the alltel rom...

my question is does anyone have the sprint customizations as a cab file? Including JAVA please or a seperate cab for java and another for the other sprint customizations...

I want to install the alltel rom bypassing the alltel customizations and have all of the sprint stuff on there (including java), but I don't want all the other apps of colonel's rom etc....
i am not sure what you refer to as customizations. are you saying you want the sprint extrom? just flash alltel os only. it will not overwrite your sprint extrom. if you were to reset after the first boot, youd be skipping the sprint customization, not alltel however, java is builtin to the sprint ROM, not installed as a cab from the extrom.

you can use either the .reg or the .cab in this .zip to change mms to sprint. they both do the same thing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dcd Alltel to SPCS.zip (1.5 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
i am not sure what you refer to as customizations. are you saying you want the sprint extrom? just flash alltel os only. it will not overwrite your sprint extrom. if you were to reset after the first boot, youd be skipping the sprint customization, not alltel however, java is builtin to the sprint ROM, not installed as a cab from the extrom.

you can use either the .reg or the .cab in this .zip to change mms to sprint. they both do the same thing.
yes, I want to keep the sprint extrom... where can I get the alltel OS without the alltel extrom?

and it is not possible to find a cab file of java?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:15 PM
dcd
VIP Member

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
yes, I want to keep the sprint extrom... where can I get the alltel OS without the alltel extrom?

and it is not possible to find a cab file of java?
on the ftp, in the imcokeman directory, the 2.14_osOnly or something along those lines is alltel OS alone. or my rom is a clean version of alltel os and wont touch extrom either.

ive seen a cab for a java app that will run opera mini, but its not the exact java from sprint. it exists, but since i dont use java, i'd have to search to find it. search on esmertec jbed
Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
on the ftp, in the imcokeman directory, the 2.14_osOnly or something along those lines is alltel OS alone. or my rom is a clean version of alltel os and wont touch extrom either.

ive seen a cab for a java app that will run opera mini, but its not the exact java from sprint. it exists, but since i dont use java, i'd have to search to find it. search on esmertec jbed
awesome, thanks a lot...

any chance I could rip out the files for java before I flash the OS and put them on the alltel rom?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:24 PM
dcd
VIP Member

Quote:
awesome, thanks a lot...

any chance I could rip out the files for java before I flash the OS and put them on the alltel rom?
the sprint files? theres a zip of them floating around too, but i beleive theres some registry entries associated, and nobodys gathered them...

id just use the esmertec cab

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan