PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: verizon

seth4444 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MMS Error Code 11 PPP Connection Error

I have a htc xv6900, and when trying to connect to the data network, I always see Error Code 11 PPP Connection Error. Thanks, and just an FYI I'm a total noob.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:17 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: MMS Error Code 11 PPP Connection Error

Refer to this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28354

if your data works for internet but not for MMS, make sure to download the latest Arcsoft cab for your carrier.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 08-28-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

Oldguy1950 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: MMS Error Code 11 PPP Connection Error

So, I did a hard reset on my Verizon Xv6900 (updated with WM 6.1)yesterday and it dropped totally off the Verizon network--like, credit card and emergency calls only. I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon first and second level support. I have to say that they are really nice and reasonably competent. However, the hard reset seems to wipe out all of the settings and it won't even allow *228 option 1 to reprogram the phone. However, after going through generating a new authorization number and trying a bunch of other stuff (they don't know all the necessary settings--see below), *228 option 2 actually worked to reprogram the phone. But nothing we tried could get the data connection working. PPP error code 11 every time. Something wrong with username or password.

Being a glutton for punishment, I did another hard reset last night. Then I used the following procedure (using information gleaned from the support call):

I pressed the talk button and dialed ##778 to view/edit the settings.
I selected edit and entered the six zeroes "000000" for the Unlock Code.
I selected View Info for NAM and edited the Mobile Directory Number from the default number produced by the hard reset and substituted my phone number (all 10 digits). (Also, anything that had the same default number as was in the MDN prior to editing, I changed to my 10 digit phone number).
I then was able to dial *228 option 2 to get my phone programmed again.

But my PPP connection still yielded an error each time I tried. I checked the username (10digitphonenumber@vzw3g.com) and password (vzw) and the dial string #777 over and over again. The password wouldn't stick.

So, then I looked on some fora and found the following registry entry:

HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\wspheader
and added new variable X-VzW-MDN with a string value containing my phone number. That did not seem to help.

Then I went back in and unlocked the phone settings as described above and (in multiple iterations because each "save items" operation does a reset) selected View Info for M.IP Default Profile and Security and, for each of these groups, wherever I found the default phone number (see above), I changed it to my 10 digit phone number (particularly anything in front of @vzw3g.com).

After doing that, I entered in the username and password in the connection settings and, voila!, the phone connected without producing the error.

Last edited by Oldguy1950; 12-17-2009 at 11:26 PM. Reason: add clarity
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan