PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 03:30 AM
N00b

ImBatman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Anyone switch over from Palm Treo 755p?

I made the switch to Sprints HTC Mogul about 5 months ago and I have to say...I miss my Palm Treo 700p!!! When it came down to upgrading It was either going with the new and improved Treo 755p or the mogul. I went with the mogul because it seemed to have a lot more features and I wanted to try my hand at Windows Mobile 6. My little brother this past week got a 755p and I have to say...I was green with envy. The one thing I miss and maybe most of you Palm users miss as well, is the one hand navigation and ease of use. I am thinking seriously now about making the switch back to a trusty treo, but wanted to get some input from any Palm users, especially previous Treo 755p users who could weigh in on the matter. Also if anyone knows if there is going to be a "FIX" out there in the near future for the Mogul (memory leak, and battery life, and the freakin alarm) please let me know.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Palm is boring...
Old 10-20-2007, 04:42 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
I switched from a Treo 700p, which is exactly the same as the 755p (except for the antennae) and I have not regretted switching. There are so many things you can do on the Mogul that is just not possible on the Treo without purchasing lots of software.
The HTC Home Plugin is just amazing! There is nothing out there like it for Palm.
Being able to get Hotmail on your phone without paying $30 for a program to get it is really nice too.
Having a dedicated Hangup button and a dedicated power button are BIG plusses for me. I don't know how many times I would be checking my email and hit the red button to put the Treo to sleep right when a call was coming in, thus ending the call.

Memory leak is easy to manage with X-Button and FreeUpRAM.

Battery life is dependant upon use. If you have 10 email accounts being checked every 30 minutes and the Bluetooth on all day and surf the web for a couple hours you'll use the battery up fast. I've never had the device power down on its own from lack of battery, even when I've done the above.

Alarm can also be rigged if you use the wall charger. Just turn on the phone, plug it in, and THEN put it to sleep. Been doing this for a month now and my alarm has never failed to go off.

Over all I love my Mogul compared to my 700p, but if you wanna switch, I've still got my 1 month old 700p I can swap you for.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
I've had Treos for years, including 300, 600, 650, and 755p. I switched when the Mogul came out and while I don't regret the jump, I miss my trusty Treos sometimes. The Palm OS is much simpler and easier for one handed operation, and I prefer the form factor. But what the Mogul brings to the table over the 755p is just too much to ignore. Perhaps if Palm ever releases their Linux OS I'll consider switching back, but for right now I'm stuck on the dark side.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
All Hail Mogulia!!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan

h11013 is a n00b
the only thing i miss about my treo 700p and 700wx is the battery life
Old 10-21-2007, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

vMAC is a n00b
I miss my Treo 700p also, very much so. The only reason I haven't gone back to it is because I'm waiting to see what Rev A is all about. If they don't release an update in the next month I will go out an purchase another 700p (gave my other to my brother in law). Battery life is a huge issue my Treo would run for Days with heavy use, bluetooth for hotsync, headset, and mp3 streaming. EVDO email with VPN on continuously, phone set to vibrate and ring and hours of talking on it a day with speakerphone and I never had the battery wear out before 5pm like I do with my Mogul everyday. The only thing that I don't miss is the problems with duplicate outlook appointments being made and problems with attachments for appts.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: Verizon/Alltel

Midnght_J is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Midnght_J Send a message via Yahoo to Midnght_J
The Mogul Rules!!!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>Mogul>Touch>Blackberry>Diamond>Touch Pro

MannyPR is becoming a great contributor
I had the 700p, switched to the 6700 pre-custom roms, returned to the 700p, upgraded to the 755p, switched to the 6700 w/ custom roms and then to the Mogul and I am not looking back. There is a lot that you can do better (not easier but better) on the Mogul. Level of customization on the Palm platform is nil. Battery life is about the same after the battery hacks and disabling beams. You can even run the palm programs with StyleTap.

I am not looking back at the Palm platform unless they come out with something really revolutionary with the Linux platform.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan